San Antonio TX Anyone??

San Antonio TX Anyone??

Old Dec 19th 2007, 9:37 pm
The destruct-a-bunny

weazie will become famous soon enoughweazie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: San Antonio TX Anyone??

Originally Posted by dukeynorton
Hi Weazie,

Yeh I might be able to help you out on the job front. I could probably point you in the right direction depending on your skills/experience. I work in the HSC here and there are always tech jobs going. They usually get dished out internally so it can be quite hard to get your foot in the door. I live literally 5 mins walk from the medical center.

If you want to pm me, I can give you my contact details.
I've applied for about 10 research assistant positions at UTHSCSA with no response - so im guessing im just not making it past HR.

I tried to PM you, but according to the website admin I have to make 3 posts before I can PM.

We are living just off Evers behind the walmart there - so we are super close to the UTHSCA.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 9:52 pm
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Just PM'd you.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 9:55 pm
The destruct-a-bunny

Just PM'd you.
Thanks dukey

just posting another time so im able to read your PM
Old Dec 19th 2007, 9:57 pm
The destruct-a-bunny

Originally Posted by weazie
Thanks dukey

just posting another time so im able to read your PM
Thanks for the contacts. Im having to go and help my husband fix the car because its decided to break again - just in time for Christmas!! Ill call you tomorrow, is there a good time?
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:05 pm
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weazie
Thanks for the contacts. Im having to go and help my husband fix the car because its decided to break again - just in time for Christmas!! Ill call you tomorrow, is there a good time?
Anytime is fine with me.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 7:55 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Anytime is fine with me.
Ooooooh errrrrr.

Hope you're having some quality holiday time.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

polar_bear is a jewel in the roughpolar_bear is a jewel in the roughpolar_bear is a jewel in the roughpolar_bear is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone know when they turn off the Xmas lights on the Riverwalk? We're thinking of coming up to SA for a weekend but hopefully want to do it while the lights are still on so the baby can see them.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 1:57 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by polar_bear
Does anyone know when they turn off the Xmas lights on the Riverwalk? We're thinking of coming up to SA for a weekend but hopefully want to do it while the lights are still on so the baby can see them.
Have a look at www.paseodelrio.com -- looks like they are on through 1st January -- which is actually longer than I expected.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

polar_bear is a jewel in the roughpolar_bear is a jewel in the roughpolar_bear is a jewel in the roughpolar_bear is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Snowbunny, looks like we'll have to get our skates on
Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:54 am
Just Joined

ukgbnott will become famous soon enough

Haven't kept up with the development of this thread, but I attend Uni in SA at Trinity if anyone's familiar.. and for those expats who are lost, try checking out the Lion & Rose on Broadway - there are often a few of us Brits about for the footy matches etc.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:58 pm
VJS
Forum Regular

VJS is just really niceVJS is just really niceVJS is just really niceVJS is just really niceVJS is just really niceVJS is just really niceVJS is just really niceVJS is just really nice

MEET UP!
When
Monday, January 21 at 8:00PM

Where
Lion and Rose
700 E. Sonterra Blvd. #318,San Antonio
San Antonio TX 78258
Tel: 210-798-5466
Old Jan 16th 2008, 9:03 pm
The destruct-a-bunny

Originally Posted by VJS
MEET UP!
When
Monday, January 21 at 8:00PM

Where
Lion and Rose
700 E. Sonterra Blvd. #318,San Antonio
San Antonio TX 78258
Tel: 210-798-5466
Im going to be there- and on time as well this meet-up
Old Jan 16th 2008, 9:22 pm
You're all mugs!

I'll be there!
Old Jan 17th 2008, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: San Antonio TX Anyone??

Originally Posted by VJS
I just moved to San Antonio and wondered if there was any UK people about, I'm feeling homesick!
Welcome to BE. I don't live in San Antonio but its a place I plan to visit. Alamo and all that stuff. Maybe later this year or next. From what I hear most Texans are totally flipped out. If they are wearing jackets its not because of the cold, but to hide the hardwear ) Be careful out their
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

We didn't go to SA the other week as something came up.

BUT my parents are visiting in February so we plan to take them to SA for a few days.

We've stayed at the Hilton a couple of times and we love it but we want to try a different hotel. Can anyone recommend a good one?

Cost isn't a problem but it must have a private balcony overlooking the Riverwalk. Was on the verge of booking at the Contessa but found out they have a communal terrace as opposed to private balconies.

Cheers in advance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.