Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

San Antonio TX Anyone??

San Antonio TX Anyone??

Old Nov 20th 2007, 1:19 pm
VJS
Forum Regular

VJS is just really niceVJS is just really niceVJS is just really niceVJS is just really niceVJS is just really niceVJS is just really niceVJS is just really niceVJS is just really nice
Default Re: San Antonio TX Anyone??

Just so you all know, I'm under a lot of stress lately! Of course YESTERDAY was the 19th, not today, ok, not a LOT of stress, just not able to read!
I missed it too dukey!!
Well maybe we can work something out for after the hols?!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 12:31 am
Just Joined

TexanRose has a brilliant futureTexanRose has a brilliant futureTexanRose has a brilliant futureTexanRose has a brilliant futureTexanRose has a brilliant futureTexanRose has a brilliant future

How are you settling in? I too have been here for a few months now and generally I love it here (although who knew that Americans were such manic drivers???????). Have you found the Lion and Rose or The Flying Saucer? At least you can get some beer here but nothing like at home! I finally bought a car in the last few weeks because without one you get nowhere over here and I was sick of fluttering my eyelashes at the guy friends I have to get lifts LOL!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 12:35 am
Just Joined

TexanRose has a brilliant futureTexanRose has a brilliant futureTexanRose has a brilliant futureTexanRose has a brilliant futureTexanRose has a brilliant futureTexanRose has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fern
Howdy and welcome to BE...l wish l was in San Antonio!
Hi Fern!

I just read your profile - shopped often in Leeds as I am a Harrogate girl. How do you like Dallas?
Old Nov 30th 2007, 1:46 am
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TexanRose
How are you settling in? I too have been here for a few months now and generally I love it here (although who knew that Americans were such manic drivers???????). Have you found the Lion and Rose or The Flying Saucer? At least you can get some beer here but nothing like at home! I finally bought a car in the last few weeks because without one you get nowhere over here and I was sick of fluttering my eyelashes at the guy friends I have to get lifts LOL!
Hey Rose! I have only been here for less than a year and yes have found the lion and rose and the flying saucer!!! I actually spend a bit of time at the lion and rose on broadway as its the best place for English sports and for a true English pub atmosphere. What are you up to here? I see you're a student (mature??), I am working at UTHSCSA.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:34 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Are you lot EVER going to have a meetup?
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi Dukey!

I'm just up the road from you at UTSA. Yes, a very mature student!!! LOL! I am in my early 40's. I get to "mother" all the little 20 year old girls with boyfriend problems (). Got a career break and decided to do a second BSc but this time in Biology with a Chemistry minor. Although at this time of year with finals looming I do actually wonder why I did it! LOL! What are you doing at UT? Post Doctorate Research?

I've been in the Flying Saucer a few times usually if any of us go for dinner at Saltgrass (good food!) or the cinema (although my local is Silverado on Bandera). Miss the sport on television over here but don't miss the awful soaps that were taking over on Brit TV.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:49 pm
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TexanRose
Hi Dukey!

I'm just up the road from you at UTSA. Yes, a very mature student!!! LOL! I am in my early 40's. I get to "mother" all the little 20 year old girls with boyfriend problems (). Got a career break and decided to do a second BSc but this time in Biology with a Chemistry minor. Although at this time of year with finals looming I do actually wonder why I did it! LOL! What are you doing at UT? Post Doctorate Research?

I've been in the Flying Saucer a few times usually if any of us go for dinner at Saltgrass (good food!) or the cinema (although my local is Silverado on Bandera). Miss the sport on television over here but don't miss the awful soaps that were taking over on Brit TV.
Yeh I am a post-doc here, 27 years old. I went to saltgrass last week actually - great steak!!! I go to the "movies" a fair bit too, usually the AMC. Well if you want to go and catch the next Arsenal game (I'm a huuuuuuuuuge Arsenal fan) at L&R, that would be cool. We should arrange a proper meet up and ALL stick to it.....including me!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

Now we will have to talk about this Arsenal thing !!!!!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Arsenal??? Sorry, do they play football???

I was born four miles from Old Trafford - now that's football. LOL!

But seriously, yes, it would be good for a group to get together, watch the match, have a pint etc.

What is your post-doc field?
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

Went to the British Tea shop in Schertz yesterday had a really nice lunch and met Sue the owner who is from Yorkshire.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 6:48 pm
You're all mugs!

Originally Posted by lolly
Now we will have to talk about this Arsenal thing !!!!!
Oh so you all want to talk about how good they are? I would be happy to talk all day about that.

Rose, I research type 2 diabetes......hence my location!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

That makes a lot of sense Dukey!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dukeynorton
Oh so you all want to talk about how good they are? I would be happy to talk all day about that.

Rose, I research type 2 diabetes......hence my location!
You can but try to convince us !!!! lol
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lolly
Went to the British Tea shop in Schertz yesterday had a really nice lunch and met Sue the owner who is from Yorkshire.
Sorry it is actually called the olde Yorkshire tea shop
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

ADREW12 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: San Antonio TX Anyone??

Originally Posted by duncan
Tx sucks lol, Why did you do that? california is way better. I moved from NY to phoenix and now live in Austin. People love it here cos they have been no where else. The best things about Texas include Luby's, Fiesta because they sell english food lots more than world market and thats its. Its been raining here none stop and the bugs are massive and the people are backward lol.
Hope to move back to phoenix next year where the weather is always better and there opening Tescos!! wooooohooooo lol.
The best thing about tx also the riverwalk, but even that isnt very big. The houses are cheap and big but there is a reason for it being cheap lol.
I would rather live in a condo somewhere nice and not live with the hicks.
P.S. dont go to corpus it sucks
YOU KNOW WHAT NATIVE TEXANS SAY?.......TEXAS LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.