Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Saint & Greavsie Brit Expat Prediction League - 06/07 Season

The Saint & Greavsie Brit Expat Prediction League - 06/07 Season

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 5:48 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation The Saint & Greavsie Brit Expat Prediction League - 06/07 Season

-=====================================-
THE SAINT & GREAVSIE BRITISH EXPAT FOOTBALL PREDICTION LEAGUE :
2006/2007 SEASON - NOW OPEN

-=====================================-
http://footie.checkthedryer.com

Alright all you chavs, slags, mingers, neds, limeys, convicts and septics.
(I've got everybody ?)

Sign up is now open for the new season of the headbutting, diving, fouling, red carding game - and it all kicks off in less than two weeks !

Register HERE

WHAT IS THIS PREDICTION LEAGUE OF WHICH YOU SPEAK ?
For those of you new to other shores (away from Blighty), this is a way for footie mad British Expats to keep in touch with their local team and with the soccerkickball game in general. Plus you can win something !

DONATE TO PLAY >
We want to make it interesting for you so in order to partake you have to donate something into the pot (which goes to the winner of the league). It doesn't matter how much you chip in - the more you can afford the better ! But you have to donate to play. Minimum amount is $5.

BUT... for the first 4 weeks of the league it will be free play.
Sign up and have a go and see if you like it and think you can keep it up (remember it is a looong season).
After the 4th week if you haven't donated or contacted me about donating then you will be deleted from the league.

Another BUT... If you can't afford to donate within the 4 weeks but think you will be able to later then please contact me and let me know when you can expect to add some pennies into the jar. As long as you do that you can still play. If I don't hear from you...

Additionally...
Also if anyone can help out with the other prizes. It would be nice if we could offer a 2nd and 3rd place prize. I've already given away some of my own stuff with the World Cup predicts and have nowt left, so if anybody has anything to offer up. An unwanted DVD.. CD..something like that.
If it has a tenuous connection to footie then all the better !
- Send me a PM or contact me via the prediction league.

HOW TO PLAY THE GAME >
You can request that your team be added to the fixtures and every week some matches are randomly chosen including yours and other prediction league players supported team. They are entered in a fixture list and then you go and predict what you think the final score is. Simple as that.

WHAT'S THE SCORING ? HOW DOES THAT WORK ?
You earn points by predicting the outcome correctly - either by getting the right score or the right result.
- Predict a correct result - ie: You enter 2-1 and the result is 1-nil, you will get 1 point.
- Predict a correct score - ie: You enter 3-0 and the result is 3-0 you get 3 points (1 for a correct result, 2 a for correct score)

FEATURES (On the Prediction League) >

-> Forgotten Predictions:
Once you have signed up and logged in click on the My Profile link.
There is a section there where you can set a default score.
So if you forget to do your numbers one week the script will enter in the score you set there. This means that everybody will have played the same amount of games, no falling behind.

-> Mini Leagues:
You can glove slap another player and challenge them to join a mini league - or join one somebody else has set up. The idea is that you see how many more point you get than the other player each week.

I am not sure if other users can join a league you have set up or if it is private between the players. This and the forgot predicts are a brand new features not tested out yet.

FEATURES (On the website) >

-> Links page:
http://footie.checkthedryer.com/links/
Not just links to footie related websites, you can also find:
The latest footie headline news from the Beeb and the Guardian footie section.
A guide to online audio feeds (and links). Live match text commentary courtesy of Sporting Life.com Live scores, vidiprinter, tables, etc..etc..

-> Live Chat:
http://footie.checkthedryer.com/chat/
This will be used when there are any International games which are not on the box. - Such as the England v Greece friendly match coming up on August 16th.
We can all listen in on the audio (if available) and gather round the chat.

-> Flickr Pics:
On the site bottom left there are random footie related pics that people have uploaded to Flickr.com

-> Song Of The Week:
Returns with a jukebox !
S&G players will be given a link where they can download any of the songs in the jukebox.

There are loads more things but this post is getting too long.
Please go and sign up and have a look for yerself.

Are you mad for it ?

http://footie.checkthedryer.com/inde...enewuser&lid=1
-> Sign up will close at kick off on August 13th.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 2:56 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Saint & Greavsie Brit Expat Prediction League - 06/07 Season

This should be a sticky

Manc? Bob? NCP?