Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Saint & Greavsie Brit Expat Football Prediction League

The Saint & Greavsie Brit Expat Football Prediction League

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 6:30 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Saint & Greavsie Brit Expat Football Prediction League

Remember doing your Vernons/Littlewoods pools coupon every week ?
Don't you miss doing that ?
(Whaddoyamean no ? Look. Let's say you do for now.)

Fancy having a crack at predicting the footie results again ?
But this time not trying to guess who will draw, but what the result of each match will be.

The Brit Expat Footie Predict League is a way of keeping in touch with the beautiful game back 'ome, plus your chance to compete with other expats and win a cash prize.
Just thought of that as I'm typing - What I'll do is bung something like $10 onto my Paypal account for the eventual winner. I'll also email all the Prediction League players and see if they want to bung in a dollar towards the prize.

Anyway... the S&GBEFPL is now open for sign ups and will begin on Saturday August 13th. (Not this weekend, but the one after)
PLEASE NOTE >> Once the first ball is kicked on that Saturday the sign-up will be closed so get yerself over there and sign up now.

Some features of the Prediction League:
- Predictions (obviously)
- Shoutbox (or taunts as I call it)
- Chat room (uses php and not Java, so your company firewall will not block)
- BBC Sports news ticker
- List of links to footie related sites
- Add a link (you can post a link to your favourite site)
- Other bits that I'll add when I think of it.

I'll be posting a detailed guide about the league and how it works on the BFT thread so if you have any questions either post a reply here or on the BFT.

http://footie.checkthedryer.com/
"Aw g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan...."

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:13 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Saint & Greavsie Brit Expat Football Prediction League

Done - I'm in!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:10 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Saint & Greavsie Brit Expat Football Prediction League

Last chance to join the Footie Prediction League - sign up closes 12 midday (UK time) on Saturday.

Reasons why you should join in:
  • It's only a quarter of work than the fantasy footie
  • You don't have to check it every week (I enter in the fixtures for up to 4 weeks ahead then you enter in some numbers, click "predict" and that's it)
  • It's a good way of keeping in touch with the beautiful game
  • You might win some moolah
  • err....that's it

Clicky on the image linky below before Saturday 7am EST and sticky your numbers in.