Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Saddam Hussein in his grundies....

Saddam Hussein in his grundies....

Old May 20th 2005, 6:51 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Saddam Hussein in his grundies....

I don't know if the story has broken outside the New York metro area....but Rupert Murdoch just happens to own the 'New York Post' tabloid newspaper and of course I'm sure you all know that he owns 'The Sun' in the UK.

Today's 'New York Post' has lifted a story from 'The Sun' today. It's a photo of Saddam Hussein in his Y fronts. You can't see it in 'The Sun' online (you have to buy the paper...not an easy feat outside the UK of course) but there is a huge fuss going on in the local news bulletins about the photo.

The civil rights groups are up in arms, saying that his dignity has been compromised and the military has contravened the Geneva Convention on human rights....(yeah, right - after all the things which happened when Saddam was ruling over Iraq?). There is now a huge hunt going on in the US military to find out who leaked the photo....

http://www.newyorkpost.com/index.shtml

whereas today's 'The Sun' has on it's front page online:

http://www.thesun.co.uk
Old May 20th 2005, 6:57 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Saddam Hussein in his grundies....

Surprised they didn't put him in Page 3 with those tits
Old May 20th 2005, 6:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Amusing....
Old May 20th 2005, 7:08 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
The civil rights groups are up in arms, saying that his dignity has been compromised and the military has contravened the Geneva Convention on human rights....(yeah, right - after all the things which happened when Saddam was ruling over Iraq?). There is now a huge hunt going on in the US military to find out who leaked the photo....
So we can cancel the human rights of those we don't particularly like, can we? How convenient!
Old May 20th 2005, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tone
Surprised they didn't put him in Page 3 with those tits
You beat me to it. lol
Old May 20th 2005, 7:16 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fatbrit
So we can cancel the human rights of those we don't particularly like, can we? How convenient!
I concur - for brits and yanks this is the norm but for the Arab world - this could lead to more hatred. Like Newsweek last week, when will these papers stop giving the ammunition to their cause. It's not even like it's a story - they are making it more dangerous for our boys...... sigh.
Old May 20th 2005, 7:18 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc111s
I concur - for brits and yanks this is the norm
if it's the norm to put pictures of POW's in their skivvies on the front page of the newspaper after we've invaded the country then I want no part of it.
Old May 20th 2005, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Manc
if it's the norm to put pictures of POW's in their skivvies on the front page of the newspaper after we've invaded the country then I want no part of it.
Thank you. On Fox11 News this morning (I know, I know, I ask for it), Dopey Coke-head Blonde was saying the same tired shite about how he deserves everything he gets and just think what he did do all those innocent people. Can somebody please tell me when in the great and glorious history of civil and human rights did it become acceptable to humiliate prisoners because we feel that they deserve it? Especially when we are engaged in a costly war that is based on the moral principal that we, the west, don't indulge in that kind of behaviour.

Just when I think The Sun is a benign rag, they pull a ****ed up stunt like this.
Old May 20th 2005, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Now he wants to sue The Sun:

http://tinyurl.com/bgclc

Old May 20th 2005, 7:43 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

They interviewed his "lawyer" in London on NBC this morning, turns out it's none other than Jonathon King's "lawyer", who was subject to a right hatchet job in Private Eye as to his dubious qualifications. Not sure what he could have done to have that further indignity heaped on him.
Old May 20th 2005, 7:55 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

He wasn't being tortured he was just doing a bit of laundry.
Old May 20th 2005, 8:08 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
He wasn't being tortured he was just doing a bit of laundry.

Ray would probably consider it torture if someone were kind enough to explain to him the meaning of the word laundry!
Old May 20th 2005, 8:13 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Ray would probably consider it torture if someone were kind enough to explain to him the meaning of the word laundry!
I feel tortured seeing Saddam in his briefs.... I've also often felt tortured viewing Ray's nude web cam...
Old May 20th 2005, 8:16 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I feel tortured seeing Saddam in his briefs.... I've also often felt tortured viewing Ray's nude web cam...

Are you trying to save the OP from her very unPC comment?
Old May 20th 2005, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

These journalists are costing the lives of soldiers with this kind of reporting.As if the troops/security forces aren't getting a hard enough time already..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.