British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Sad News... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/sad-news-312979/)

DEE_UK Jul 9th 2005 3:45 pm

Sad News...

Not sure whether this is the right way, or wrong way, but I just need to communicate with people right now...

You may have been aware from another thread of mine, that I was trying to get leave from work and flights to the UK as my sister was very ill.

Its with a heavy heart that I write that she passed away this morning. Theres no more pain for her now, no more drugs, injections, being prodded and puking up. She was 42, and was diagnosed with cancer end of last year. Its such a horrible disease, which just ate away at her. I spent two days with her after a long and delayed flight.

Thanks for reading this, not sure what I'm doing right now. I guess I just needed to let my work colleagues and friends who had been asking me about her, and thought I'd give an update here too.

Dee

krizzy Jul 9th 2005 3:49 pm

Re: Sad News...

Sorry to hear your news......my thoughts are with you and your family.....

ImHere Jul 9th 2005 3:55 pm

My condolences to you and your family.

bored-silly Jul 9th 2005 3:55 pm

I remember reading about your sister Dee. So sorry to hear this sad news. :(

Bob Jul 9th 2005 3:55 pm

Sorry to hear the sad news, though at least she isn't in any more pain now, though that must be little consolation :(

clydegirl Jul 9th 2005 4:27 pm

My thoughts and prayers with you at this sad time.

Dimsie Jul 9th 2005 4:30 pm

Sincere condolences to you and yours, Dee. We know how you must be feeling - sending warm thoughts and a hug.

janj Jul 9th 2005 4:31 pm

I'm so very sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Wintersong Jul 9th 2005 4:49 pm

So sorry, Dee. I know words aren't a whole lot of consolation to you right now, but I send my condolences to you and your family.

Lesley1020 Jul 9th 2005 4:59 pm

So sorry to read this Dee, I am glad you got to spend some time with her.

Thinking of you and your family. Take care girl.

cgreensmith Jul 9th 2005 5:01 pm

So very sorry about your sister. Healing wishes to you.
Cara

LeedsGirl Jul 9th 2005 5:42 pm

So sorry for your loss Dee. My prayers are with you and your family.

tony126 Jul 9th 2005 6:04 pm

Always sad to hear news like this. We will pray for you and yours at this time.

robskatie Jul 9th 2005 6:07 pm

A sad time for you, cherish the good times and hold them in your heart.

veryfunny Jul 9th 2005 6:33 pm

Deeply sorry to read this.

Originally Posted by DEE_UK
Not sure whether this is the right way, or wrong way, but I just need to communicate with people right now...

You may have been aware from another thread of mine, that I was trying to get leave from work and flights to the UK as my sister was very ill.

Its with a heavy heart that I write that she passed away this morning. Theres no more pain for her now, no more drugs, injections, being prodded and puking up. She was 42, and was diagnosed with cancer end of last year. Its such a horrible disease, which just ate away at her. I spent two days with her after a long and delayed flight.

Thanks for reading this, not sure what I'm doing right now. I guess I just needed to let my work colleagues and friends who had been asking me about her, and thought I'd give an update here too.

Dee