Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sad but I need to know where to by bed linen!!!

Sad but I need to know where to by bed linen!!!

Old May 13th 2005, 11:23 pm
Franklin

Default Re: Sad but I need to know where to by bed linen!!!

Originally Posted by Lesley1020
\\

I had the same problem!! I am not too into the "traditional" stuff that seems to be everywhere, so I just looked at Next online and my mum sent me a few of those catalogues that appear in Womans Own that often have buy one get one free (Marshall Ward or something) and had her take them out of the packaging and mail them over to me!

You can pick up some Pottery Barn stuff on Ebay too, for a little cheaper - I got sofa covers on there brand new for a 1/3 of the price.
Hey Lesley, who is that other person in your Avatar? I need to know.

Old May 13th 2005, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
higher the count, the better and softer the cotton...100 count is shite...200 alright, 300 good...500 is lovely
You mean my 180 thread count from Wally-mart was not the Premium Luxury Super brand that I thought?
Old May 13th 2005, 11:52 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
You mean my 180 thread count from Wally-mart was not the Premium Luxury Super brand that I thought?

Take 'em back!
Old May 13th 2005, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

ya daft bat, you'll be needing a 1200 count, couldn't tear through that with a stanley knife..
Old May 14th 2005, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
ya daft bat, you'll be needing a 1200 count, couldn't tear through that with a stanley knife..
If they make the knickers out of the same material Eskimo's in trouble

Or is he a charmer? I feel I'm going to far.

Note to self: don't drink red wine when getting home from work.
Old May 14th 2005, 12:04 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
anyway don't be sad, I buy my knickers from there, fabulous they are.. ..
You can take the bird out of Yorkshire, but you can't take the..........
Old May 14th 2005, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

If they make the knickers out of the same material Eskimo's in trouble

Or is he a charmer? I feel I'm going to far.

Note to self: don't drink red wine when getting home from work.
LMAO... he could charm the pants off a nun...
Old May 14th 2005, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by evoal2003
You can take the bird out of Yorkshire, but you can't take the..........
yep, common as muck, me..
Old May 14th 2005, 12:14 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Sad but I need to know where to by bed linen!!!

Originally Posted by bored-silly
OK, this is how my life has plunged to the depths of being tragic.
Where on earth do people buy things like duvet covers and curtains, voiles, curtain poles etc etc???
We have got our new place now but it needs everything. I have done the usual Pottery Barn, Bed bath and beyond, Nordstrom, Macy's and Bloomingdales and can't find anything I like or can afford!
Oh for a Next or Mark and Spencer!
C'mon you lovely lot, where shall I go to get my stuff???

Weird....I just looked at the bottom of the page with this thread on and there are adverts for places in the US which sell sheets.

One of them was http://www.overstock.com - but the duvet covers looked really plain and boring....although they did have Egyptian cotton which is supposed to be the best cotton in the world (I bought an Egyptian cotton sheet set last week but have yet to try them out). The most expensive brand seems to be 'Frette' which they have in the top hotels and were on Donald Trump's wedding list...

Actually if there is a thread about insurance there are always adverts at the bottom of the page...likewise for threads about airline tickets or things like food, cars etc. I'm easily impressed....
Old May 14th 2005, 12:23 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Weird....I just looked at the bottom of the page with this thread on and there are adverts for places in the US which sell sheets.

One of them was http://www.overstock.com - but the duvet covers looked really plain and boring....although they did have Egyptian cotton which is supposed to be the best cotton in the world (I bought an Egyptian cotton sheet set last week but have yet to try them out). The most expensive brand seems to be 'Frette' which they have in the top hotels and were on Donald Trump's wedding list...

Actually if there is a thread about insurance there are always adverts at the bottom of the page...likewise for threads about airline tickets or things like food, cars etc. I'm easily impressed....
Almost sad I don't get the ads.
Old May 14th 2005, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
I searched for 12 months for decent bedding and curtains but never managed to find anything decent. I still don't understand the different grades of cotton sheets they have over here. I don't think you can beat regular 100% cotton fitted sheets from any of the main stores in England.

I buy my bedding and curtains whenever I visit England. I have also chosen bedding on Next.co.uk or M&S website then given my Mum the details and she has bought them for me (I do pay her back) and sent them over. I am waiting to see if and when Next start delivering here.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but I just don't like the bedding here.
Same here ... hate the 'comforter' thingies! Unless you want to blow several hundred bucks on one set of bedding the choice is absolute crap. I haven't even bothered to try and work out what the thread counts mean ... and nets, curtains, etc., all came over from the UK.

Next trip to the UK = bring back one king size duvet & two cover sets by Dorma!
Old May 14th 2005, 12:37 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bored-silly
OK, this is how my life has plunged to the depths of being tragic.
Where on earth do people buy things like duvet covers and curtains, voiles, curtain poles etc etc???
We have got our new place now but it needs everything. I have done the usual Pottery Barn, Bed bath and beyond, Nordstrom, Macy's and Bloomingdales and can't find anything I like or can afford!
Oh for a Next or Mark and Spencer!
C'mon you lovely lot, where shall I go to get my stuff???
If you find any, will you let me know?

Maybe we could go halves on a time share?
Old May 14th 2005, 1:26 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guelder Rose
Same here ... hate the 'comforter' thingies! Unless you want to blow several hundred bucks on one set of bedding the choice is absolute crap.
I've never understood why people are willing to pay that sort of money for their bedding here, and for what? To wake up the next morning after drooling on the pillow cases, sheets crumpled to shite with a few other bodily fluids thrown in for good measure.

Cheap and cheeful sheets for me from Target, at least then I can afford to replace them often
Old May 14th 2005, 1:34 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

I have a friend who used to order from overstock.com .She used to get top of the line stuff at good prices.I usually just go to Target or Wal-Mart.mind you i stillhave all my duvet covers that we got as wedding presents 20 years ago ,good British quality stuff
Old May 14th 2005, 1:40 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Why pay full price when you can buy bed linens for discount prices at places like:

TJ Maxx, Steinmart (I think), Tuesday Morning, etc.

Alternatively, Target has a fair range of reasonably priced bed linens.

NC Penguin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.