Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Runaway Bride

Runaway Bride

Old May 2nd 2005, 8:59 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold
Default Runaway Bride

OK, someone had to start it and I've given up waiting for anyone else.

So, there were 600 guests due to go to the wedding. WTF. How do these young people or their families know 600 people to invite to a wedding. What a sham. no wonder the poor girl went off her rocker. I so often see here in the good ol US of A that weddings seem to focus on what the parents want and have little to do with the love and life of two people.

Shit, if she were having blues and didn't feel she could turn to not one of the single 600 - then I wonder if she really knew any of them.

Ok, I know that's probably a completely different take from the one you were thinking but the rest of the stories been done twice over already and I wanted to focus on the wedding itself and who was trying to impress who with the "600" guests - was it a one-up-manship losing site of what this was about in the first place.......

Could you imagine dealing with the in-laws on such a massive event.......EEEEKKKKKKKK
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Runaway Bride

We had 550 people in the church at our wedding. The in-laws couldn't afford for everyone we knew to go to the piss up afterwards so made an open invitation to the entire church congregation to turn out.

I knew about 20 people in the church and had no issues with standing in front of them...

Now, if I didn't completely love the person I married I may have had second thoughts about walking out in front of that many people... I used to get terrified whenever I had to talk to groups of over 4 people let alone 550!!! :scared: :scared:

It was worth going through it for the party though.
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc111s

So, there were 600 guests due to go to the wedding. WTF. How do these young people or their families know 600 people to invite to a wedding. What a sham. no wonder the poor girl went off her rocker. I so often see here in the good ol US of A that weddings seem to focus on what the parents want and have little to do with the love and life of two people.

Shit, if she were having blues and didn't feel she could turn to not one of the single 600 - then I wonder if she really knew any of them.

Ok, I know that's probably a completely different take from the one you were thinking but the rest of the stories been done twice over already and I wanted to focus on the wedding itself and who was trying to impress who with the "600" guests - was it a one-up-manship losing site of what this was about in the first place.......

Could you imagine dealing with the in-laws on such a massive event.......EEEEKKKKKKKK
Nothing to do with Americans, my mother would of invited 600 people had I not gone mental with her..I don't know one single person back home who hasn't had their mothers interrfering massively when trying to arrange their wedding..
seriously though, I think that Americans in my mind are much more family orientated than back home, so inviting your third cousin to them is important whereas back home we don't give a toss about Grandma coming never mind anyone else..
14 bridesmaids in a bit excessive though..
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:16 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc111s
That's why I laughed at you when you said you were in Duluth.

The 600 guests is one thing. The idea of 14 bridesmaids and 8 wedding showers, though....

I can tell you that the radio out of Albuquerque this morning was rather 'interesting'.
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:22 pm

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Gretna Green springs to mind......
Old May 2nd 2005, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I think the poor woman was just out of her mind.

Seen some weird ones in all my years here, but the ones where the parents spent a fortune, and then they divorced within a year come to mind. It is nuts in this day and age, IMO.

And every single one that I've been to, is over after three hours max!! (spend 25k plus and it is over after 3 hrs???). What's with that? Weddings that I am used to go on till the early hours.

The first one I went to was a second marriage for her, first for him. Open bar and no one drank (not religious or anything, they just drank one beer and switched!). ...
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:21 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I've been married 10 years, running away is proof positive she is as sane as the day is long.
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:59 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon

The 600 guests is one thing. The idea of 14 bridesmaids and 8 wedding showers, though....

that many showers...good money earner, apparantly they amassed $10K in bounty...so not bad going at all...even is she was off her rocker...or him for that matter...
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:53 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Screw the guests, I can't believe what she put her poor family through!!

Self-Centered spoilt little bitch if you ask me. I hope she faces charges and a whole lot of community service!!
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

i think it's the money a friend at work told me yesterday, you get gifts at the shower then money at the wedding, she and her husband got $17,000 from the 200 they invited.
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Patrick
I've been married 10 years, running away is proof positive she is as sane as the day is long.
- cool reply.
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:53 pm

Remember, some people get stressed enough to committ suicide. I agree she was wrong but it is what it is and I prayed a happy ending would come of it and in it did.... !! I do think as the reward was $100k, she should work at giving "that" to charity over the next 10 years - IMHO - that would be a positive.

Originally Posted by Pigtails
Screw the guests, I can't believe what she put her poor family through!!

Self-Centered spoilt little bitch if you ask me. I hope she faces charges and a whole lot of community service!!
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:59 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

After 8 wedding showers, the courthouse really ought to be good enough to seal the deal. We need a new law - three showers constitutes a lawful wedding.
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Runaway Bride

3 Words.............Dump That Bit*h

The guy still wants to marry her after all that. He's going to be p*ssy whipped from the get go.
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:42 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

The rumor mill is reporting this....

1. This isn't the first time she's done this. :scared:

2. There is another guy involved.

3. The cops are going to make her pay damages.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.