British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Rugby World Cup ques (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/rugby-world-cup-ques-189798/)

Taffyles Nov 8th 2003 5:56 pm

Rugby World Cup ques

Does anyone know if the Wales V England q.final tomorrow will be shown over here- what time and where???

doctor scrumpy Nov 8th 2003 8:00 pm

Will be on Fox, Wednesday most likely.

Pimpbot Nov 8th 2003 8:47 pm

Yep, wasnt it posted here that Fox are showing games on a 72 hour time delay.

Taffyles Nov 9th 2003 4:23 am

Thanks. Someone else gave me the heads up that it's on live at 5 am Eastern this morning on pay per view- I've just ordered it :)

doctor scrumpy Nov 9th 2003 10:52 am

ENGLAND 28-17 WALES
Sounded like a good game Les

Taffyles Nov 9th 2003 11:04 am

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
ENGLAND 28-17 WALES
Sounded like a good game Les
Great match!! I'm singing LOL Did Wales take it to them or did Wales take it to them ...the team has come of age. What a performance- great running rugby, just the way it should be. Superb defence...the boys in red are back!
Wales 3 tries- England 1 try and enough penalties to win. Roll on next season!!!

doctor scrumpy Nov 9th 2003 12:47 pm

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Comin' for to carry me home!

I looked over Jordan and what did I see,
A band of angels comin' after me,

If you get there before I do,
Comin' for to carry me home,
Jess tell my friends that I'm acomin' too,
Comin' for to carry me home.

I'm sometimes up and sometimes down,
Comin' for to carry me home,
But still my soul feels heavenly bound

Taffyles Nov 9th 2003 2:06 pm

Hey don't even think about competing with Taffies in the singing...now WE NEVER fail to win that :D

Explain to me why you've adopted Swing low... why not something English like Jerusalem or even Land of H & G? Or an ode to Wilkinson's boot after today?

Sospan fach yn berwi ar y tan,
Sospan fawr yn berwi ar y llawr
A'r gath wedi scrapo Joni bach......................

doctor scrumpy Nov 9th 2003 11:45 pm

Originally posted by Taffyles
Hey don't even think about competing with Taffies in the singing...now WE NEVER fail to win that :D

Explain to me why you've adopted Swing low... why not something English like Jerusalem or even Land of H & G? Or an ode to Wilkinson's boot after today?

Sospan fach yn berwi ar y tan,
Sospan fawr yn berwi ar y llawr
A'r gath wedi scrapo Joni bach......................
Beyonce has recorded a version of Swing Low, I bet she never did the hand gestures on the video though. Swing Low is a traditional Rugby song sung on many a boozy evening..

Still, plenty of Welsh, Scots & Irish people can don a beret next weekend and speak in an outrageous Clouseau-esque accent as they cheer for the French against the English no doubt.

Taffyles Nov 10th 2003 12:43 am

You're kidding right?? cheer the French ?? :eek:
With Wales out it'll be Swing low ... for me next week ( hubby is English too). I reckon they're going to need all the help they can get anyway.....;)

doctor scrumpy Nov 10th 2003 9:21 am

Originally posted by Taffyles
You're kidding right?? cheer the French ?? :eek:
With Wales out it'll be Swing low ... for me next week ( hubby is English too). I reckon they're going to need all the help they can get anyway.....;)
You think ? Good for you Les, but I get the feeling that the anyone but England brigade will be out in full next weekend.