Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup

Rugby World Cup

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Amandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Rugby World Cup

Its getting closer and closer, and now I'm starting to wonder what channel is showing the matches. I know that versus is showing a few of the games.

Does anyone know who is showing the rest? or will it be a case of watching over the internet.

I know I can't get that irish Channel cos we don't have satalite.

Ta

Amanda
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:47 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice
Default Re: Rugby World Cup

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=setanta

Oh sorry didn't read that last sentence. You can get it streamed on your computer via Setanta.com if I am not mistaken.

I got satellite specifically for the RWC

Last edited by Redlippie; Sep 3rd 2007 at 12:50 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Amandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of light

Cool

But what does this bit mean??

**Important: Please note that the Rugby World Cup 2007 and NRL are not available On-Demand. (Both are available on the on-line simulcasts)

I'm a bit backwards when it comes to computer stuff!

Ta
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:13 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

I take it to mean that they're available freely once you pay your subscription to Setanta and not have to pay extra in order to view the games?

Someone more knowledgeable will come along soon, I'm sure
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:35 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amandabee
Cool

But what does this bit mean??

**Important: Please note that the Rugby World Cup 2007 and NRL are not available On-Demand. (Both are available on the on-line simulcasts)

I'm a bit backwards when it comes to computer stuff!

Ta
You buy them all rather than cherry picking
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:21 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Several matches will be on 'Free Cable' so I just discovered. Versus channel (formerly Outdoor Life Channel) will be showing a few games (versus is the channel that has the Tour de France). Looks like a bit of a delay judging from some of the times, but might be good for some folks.

http://www.versus.com/nw/article/vie...=true&catID=76

9/9/2007 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm France vs Argentina

9/10/2007 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm USA vs England

9/13/2007 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm USA vs Tonga

9/16/2007 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm England vs South Africa

9/23/2007 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm France vs Ireland

9/24/2007 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Scotland vs New Zealand

9/27/2007 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm Samoa vs USA
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

I had seen those penguin, which is now why I'm trying to find somewhere else! How can they not show the finals, and other matches? It beats me!

its things like this that totally infuriate me over here. We live in the 'best' country in the world... supposedly, but they can get their butts into gear to put some decent sport on TV.

does anyone know if I get the santana thing online, if I can download the games, and then burn to a dvd?

Amanda
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:55 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I had seen those penguin, which is now why I'm trying to find somewhere else! How can they not show the finals, and other matches? It beats me!

its things like this that totally infuriate me over here. We live in the 'best' country in the world... supposedly, but they can get their butts into gear to put some decent sport on TV.

does anyone know if I get the santana thing online, if I can download the games, and then burn to a dvd?

Amanda
Go All Blacks!!!

*runs and hides*
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:58 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=setanta

Oh sorry didn't read that last sentence. You can get it streamed on your computer via Setanta.com if I am not mistaken.

I got satellite specifically for the RWC
You are going to be bitterly disappointed when you go home early then, all that money wasted.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

I am so exicted .

We met at the RWC last time in brisbane, and went to loads of games. We were there when NZ did the haka against tonga and they had a 'haka' off on the pitch. It was awesome.

We've got tickets this time too.... I AM SO EXCITED
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:04 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

No.

Well...basically no.

You might be able to get a stream ripper program that does video to capture the Setanta broadband stream and convert it into a file which could then eventually be burned into a DVD, but from what I've been told about Setanta broadband, it is a very low quality / small sized window that would look pretty ugly on your tv (Setanta broadband, not Setanta IPTV). I haven't seen it myself but that's the feedback I'm getting.

You can buy a Globecast system ($179) and then subscribe to Setanta for a month ($14.95) and then cancel afterwards. Globecast is an encrypted system (like Dish, but different) in which you can pick and choose the stations you want.

http://sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Satellit...st-Systems.htm

The other option is TVAnts. I downloaded it the other day and have been watching a ton of football and other sports (though in many different languages). I get all the Eurosport channels in many different languages, along with a ton of Chinese sports channels, Sky News, BBC 24 and BBC World. There very well may be some rugby thrown up come the World Cup.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You are going to be bitterly disappointed when you go home early then, all that money wasted.
It shall be interesting to see which one of us has the dunce signature, now won't it?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:10 pm

How can they not show the finals, and other matches? It beats me!

Same reason the BBC isn't showing the game--they don't have the rights. The North American rights were bought up by Setanta who resold some to Versus and gave some pay per view rights to Comcast (though at a high price).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...da875e93418a36

"Cable customers can get much of the action via programming provider In Demand, the co-venture of Comcast, Cox and Time Warner, which will offer 23 Cup matches live. In Demand has 33 million addressable homes. Consumers can pay $24.95 per game, with the final going for $29.95, or buy all matches for $199.95."
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:11 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
It shall be interesting to see which one of us has the dunce signature, now won't it?
Neither of us actually know what will be your punishment do we?

Because in a drunken fit of stupidity we handed that responsibility over to Rushy!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

"Cable customers can get much of the action via programming provider In Demand, the co-venture of Comcast, Cox and Time Warner, which will offer 23 Cup matches live. In Demand has 33 million addressable homes. Consumers can pay $24.95 per game, with the final going for $29.95, or buy all matches for $199.95."[/QUOTE]

Holy shit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.