Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Rude Restaurant Manners

Rude Restaurant Manners

Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rude Restaurant Manners

Originally Posted by rushman
Dont say anything, she's been to the universally renown mecca of sophistication called "Harrogate"!! Who are we to disagree the the US version of Hyacinth Buckett.
Oh please stop you two so bloody funny.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:38 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Dont say anything, she's been to the universally renown mecca of sophistication called "Harrogate"!! Who are we to disagree the the US version of Hyacinth Buckett.
Boooquet dear please!

Talking of Harrogate I had a "What a small world" moment today. We went down to Port Everglades this afternoon to see the ships ( ) and anyway the copper on the security gate stops me and says "Ere, I like your front plate" (its a crossed Union Flag (jack) and Stars n stripes. I say "Thanks", he says "Where you from then?" I says "Yorkshire...and you?", expecting another "Uh is that near London?" moment. And stone the crows he only says "Harrogate"! Apparently he moved over 23 years ago and joined the force here after becoming a citizen.

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Oct 10th 2005 at 3:40 am.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:45 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Boooquet dear please!

Talking of Harrogate I had a "What a small world" moment today. We went down to Port Everglades this afternoon to see the ships ( ) and anyway the copper on the security gate stops me and says "Ere, I like your front plate" (its a crossed Union Flag (jack) and Stars n stripes. I say "Thanks", he says "Where you from then?" I says "Yorkshire...and you?". And stone the crows he only says "Harrogate"! Apparently he moved over 23 years ago and joined the force here after becoming a citizen.
Not met another Brit in 9 months, infact lucky to meet anyone that isn't from this town up here in the sticks. I sometimes tend to watch any old crap on TV that has a Brit accent in it, I even sat through "Monarch of the glenn" the other day. Well until I thought "What the hell am I watching this dross for" then went into the cellar to pretend to make something.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:48 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Not met another Brit in 9 months, infact lucky to meet anyone that from this town up here in the sticks. I sometimes tend to watch any old crap on TV that has a Brit accent in it, I even sat through "Monarch of the glenn" the other day. Well until I thought "What the hell am I watching this dross for" then went into the cellar to pretend to make something.
Thats the big problem with Florida...pissing with brits even this far from The Happy Happy Town. Like bleeding Torrevieja in Ft Lauderdale these days and no mistake.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:52 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Thats the big problem with Florida...pissing with brits even this far from The Happy Happy Town. Like bleeding Torrevieja in Ft Lauderdale these days and no mistake.
The nearest Brit to me that I know of works in Sears in Plattsburgh, 75 miles away. (And she's a bit of an old duffer, bless her) Blue rinse, definately not piss up material.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:54 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

The nearest Brit to me that I know of works in Sears in Plattsburgh, 75 miles away. (And she's a bit of an old duffer, bless her) Blue rinse, definately not piss up material.
Still haven't met one around here either, although the lady in the Brit food shop I found, told me there are loads of us in the area.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:10 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Can honestly say that the only Brit accent I'd ever heard here was a couple of cockneys at a toystore many moons ago.

Now I can't go anywhere without tripping over one of you lot.

You can spot y'all from a mile away. The lobster - - looking gents usually come loaded with a Brit accent.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Still haven't met one around here either, although the lady in the Brit food shop I found, told me there are loads of us in the area.
The less said about your recent Brit food goldmine find the better!!! Not that I'm jealous you understand!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by izibear
Can honestly say that the only Brit accent I'd ever heard here was a couple of cockneys at a toystore many moons ago.

Now I can't go anywhere without tripping over one of you lot.

You can spot y'all from a mile away. The lobster - - looking gents usually come loaded with a Brit accent.
I have that accent but not that skin, I have skin that tans in the dark. Mrs.(milk bottle white) Rushman is sick with envy!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:21 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

The less said about your recent Brit food goldmine find the better!!! Not that I'm jealous you understand!
Wanna buy some custard powder?
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Wanna buy some custard powder?
Use it as a suppository you bloody show off!!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:27 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear
When was the last time you were in the U.K., and a kid walked in your door, right past you, without even acknowledging you were there, headed for your refrigerator, helped himself to a drink and toddled off to your son's room to see if he was up? It doesn't happen with one kid. It happens with most of the neighborhood kids. And from experience, the wealthier the neighborhood, the worst the manners are.

Never seen this behaviour.

My kids would never THINK of walking right in the door of anyone's house. Or helping themselves to drinks, unless the host or hostess had told them that it was okay to do so.

And I've never seen another kid do it either, no matter how wealthy or not.

I *do* wonder sometimes how these cosseted kids will make it in the world, but they aren't spoilt to the point of completely ignoring adults and taking things without asking.

I think Florida is on a different planet.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:27 am

Use it as a suppository you bloody show off!!
Not at the prices she's charging
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:34 am
Account Closed

Well then maybe you should've told her to use it as a suppository then!!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

pinKaboo has a brilliant futurepinKaboo has a brilliant futurepinKaboo has a brilliant futurepinKaboo has a brilliant futurepinKaboo has a brilliant futurepinKaboo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by snowbunny
walking right in the door of anyone's house. Or helping themselves to drinks, unless the host or hostess had told them that it was okay to do so.
Atlanta, Georgia here (coming from Devon, UK) and I've been stunned by what I take to be the rude manners of hosts having guests in their houses. Personally I could never investigate anyone else's fridge (unless it was my Mum's ) or the host had asked me to retrieve something. I would be also be outraged if someone went and made themselves so at home without my permission.

However, the above behaviour seems to be expected amongst my hubby's friends.

I was recently a guest at someone's house. Middle of summer and after an hours drive to get there I was rather thirsty. I sat there drooling as the host happily made himself a drink and slurped it in front of us. After a while he got up and asked "Are you thirsty? Do you want a drink?" I was so relieved and of course answered in the affirmative.

To which he looked surprised and said "I was talking to my dogs!" He then filled the dog bowl and sat down again, leaving me feeling stunned, terribly embarrassed and still parched dry!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.