British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Royal Mail From the UK slow (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/royal-mail-uk-slow-709340/)

choppi Apr 14th 2011 11:11 am

Re: Royal Mail From the UK slow

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 9266800)
Took 6 weeks for a UK-US envelope to turn up recently - and 2 days for a US-to-UK envelope to get there :blink:

I had something similar like that happen as well. Glad to read I am not the only one experiencing delays like this.

penguinbar Apr 25th 2011 6:16 am

My husband received a card from his parents today. It was mailed on March 16th. Unbelieveable!

Giantaxe Apr 25th 2011 6:25 am

Originally Posted by penguinbar (Post 9325560)
My husband received a card from his parents today. It was mailed on March 16th. Unbelieveable!

Weird. I've had two letters from the UK this month and both arrived within three days of their being posted.

Mummy in the foothills Apr 25th 2011 8:32 am

According to my Mother this has even made the news in the UK all the complaints about parcels to the US taking so long. the Post office is blaming the US saying they haven't done anything differently and the delays aren't on the UK end. Hmmmm I wonder!

DeltaSierra70 Apr 25th 2011 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9325829)
According to my Mother this has even made the news in the UK all the complaints about parcels to the US taking so long. the Post office is blaming the US saying they haven't done anything differently and the delays aren't on the UK end. Hmmmm I wonder!

There are troublesome "Moslums" over there in U-Rope, especially they Brit bastards with their free medical that's made some commie bastards over here want free medical too, and its they Em Effing "Moslums" who put bombs in parcels headed to the US that they "Moslums" wants to take over. So wezze godda check every effing one of the packages real good. Know what I' saying?
This was an explanation from my Postman today.
To his, "Know what I'm saying?" I replied that English was my first language, and that Red Neck was my second. His response was "Do what now?" To which I replied; I would like you to please learn to understand English when spoken by an English man. "You're funny" he laughed as he got back in his truck and spun his wheels on my lawn as he drove off.
So now you know why the post is slow.

Mummy in the foothills Apr 25th 2011 11:16 am

Originally Posted by DeltaSierra70 (Post 9325896)
There are troublesome "Moslums" over there in U-Rope, especially they Brit bastards with their free medical that's made some commie bastards over here want free medical too, and its they Em Effing "Moslums" who put bombs in parcels headed to the US that they "Moslums" wants to take over. So wezze godda check every effing one of the packages real good. Know what I' saying?
This was an explanation from my Postman today.
To his, "Know what I'm saying?" I replied that English was my first language, and that Red Neck was my second. His response was "Do what now?" To which I replied; I would like you to please learn to understand English when spoken by an English man. "You're funny" he laughed as he got back in his truck and spun his wheels on my lawn as he drove off.
So now you know why the post is slow.

:rofl:

Ozzidoc Apr 26th 2011 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 9325578)
Weird. I've had two letters from the UK this month and both arrived within three days of their being posted.

Ditto.

ottotheboar May 5th 2011 11:10 am

Possibly things are improving, a supplier forgot to use UPS and sent me a package "International Signed For Mail" from the UK on Tuesday and it arrived here in VA this morning.

HampshireUK May 19th 2011 1:21 pm

My daughter's missing Christmas present arrived today!:D

Not sure if this is a record. It was postmarked December 21st but that was about a week after it actually went to the village post office - I assume the delay there was because the village was cut off by snow.

Looks like it arrived in the US April 10th and has been making slow progress across the various States since.

She is delighted and so is her friend who had thought she must have written the wrong address on it.