Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Royal Mail From the UK slow

Royal Mail From the UK slow

Old Apr 8th 2011, 2:54 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Mail From the UK slow

Still waiting on mine posted end of february
Old Apr 8th 2011, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Still waiting on mine posted end of february

I don't remember whether it was last year or when, but my daughter sent me a package that took forever. We had actually decided it was lost and 2 and a half months later it showed up out of the blue. No idea where it got lost at though....
Old Apr 8th 2011, 4:46 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa

I don't remember whether it was last year or when, but my daughter sent me a package that took forever. We had actually decided it was lost and 2 and a half months later it showed up out of the blue. No idea where it got lost at though....
That happened with the ones sent at Christmas to us, mailed in mid december and arrived end of Feb and early March
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered a dress from M&S last week...it arrived yesterday. Also received 2 cards from the UK yesterday...one was posted last Thursday 7th...the other Friday 8th. Thurs and Fri...delivered to the US the following Monday...pretty good...especially as it takes 2 to 3 weeks to send mail from NJ to Toronto.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 13th 2011 at 2:43 am.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Jerseygirl,
I have been ordering up clothes from the UK as well, mainly because the quality is better than the US. Is it wrong to want to do my bit to revive our ailing UK economy? I just wish M&S would lower their delivery charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 13th 2011, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Wedding pressie sent to me from london on 12 March just arrived yesterday!!! It was sent direct

Im getting other mail forwarded to me by Royal Mail redirection and it doesnt seem to bad --bills seem to reach me quite quickly, less than a week" hmph!!!
Old Apr 13th 2011, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

On the other hand mail sent back to UK seems to be taking just a few days!
Old Apr 13th 2011, 3:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemima55
Jerseygirl,
I have been ordering up clothes from the UK as well, mainly because the quality is better than the US. Is it wrong to want to do my bit to revive our ailing UK economy? I just wish M&S would lower their delivery charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was actually the first time I've ordered anything from the UK. I make frequent trips there so usually take an empty case with me to fill with UK goodies.

I agree with your comment about the quality...I also find trousers/jeans fit me better than the ones here. Hubby finds the same...granted he is an 'arseless wonder'...trousers in the US are far too roomy around the butt and thighs.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

I`ve just found (after 4 years) that I can order my favourite brand of UK clothing via House of Fraser and delivery is 6 quid, and via DHL takes about 3 days. Sooo tempting I`ve just put in my third order, justifying it as I could have spent 6 quid just on train or bus fare (or probably petrol now)to the nearest city in the UK to shop. I had a bit of a wrangle with my conscience though over the 15 quid delivery charge from M&S. Thankfully my conscience lost so now awaiting a new skirt! I did go through the websites to see if I could buy anything similar here, but couldnt. Most of the stuff I`ve bought here in the last four years has ended up in the bin as the fabric doesnt hold up or the colours fade.
I`ve heard that from other people that men`s trousers are more "generously cut" here.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 6:36 pm
MCROW

DeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jemima55
Jerseygirl,
I normally get Solpadeine shipped by family members, but decided to try 'on line.' Cheaper as no VAT, but then there's the shipping cost.
Sent by RM in an RM padded bag. Took 3 days, even though on the shipping label it stated "Medical Tablets" Brilliant, until I noticed that their cost by RM was £2.85 but they charged me £6.50!
I guess we all need to make a profit!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

choppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
Took 6 weeks for a UK-US envelope to turn up recently - and 2 days for a US-to-UK envelope to get there
I had something similar like that happen as well. Glad to read I am not the only one experiencing delays like this.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 6:16 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My husband received a card from his parents today. It was mailed on March 16th. Unbelieveable!
Old Apr 25th 2011, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
My husband received a card from his parents today. It was mailed on March 16th. Unbelieveable!
Weird. I've had two letters from the UK this month and both arrived within three days of their being posted.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 8:32 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

According to my Mother this has even made the news in the UK all the complaints about parcels to the US taking so long. the Post office is blaming the US saying they haven't done anything differently and the delays aren't on the UK end. Hmmmm I wonder!
Old Apr 25th 2011, 9:15 pm
MCROW

DeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
According to my Mother this has even made the news in the UK all the complaints about parcels to the US taking so long. the Post office is blaming the US saying they haven't done anything differently and the delays aren't on the UK end. Hmmmm I wonder!
There are troublesome "Moslums" over there in U-Rope, especially they Brit bastards with their free medical that's made some commie bastards over here want free medical too, and its they Em Effing "Moslums" who put bombs in parcels headed to the US that they "Moslums" wants to take over. So wezze godda check every effing one of the packages real good. Know what I' saying?
This was an explanation from my Postman today.
To his, "Know what I'm saying?" I replied that English was my first language, and that Red Neck was my second. His response was "Do what now?" To which I replied; I would like you to please learn to understand English when spoken by an English man. "You're funny" he laughed as he got back in his truck and spun his wheels on my lawn as he drove off.
So now you know why the post is slow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.