Reload this Page >

Royal mail redirection - beyond 2 years

Royal mail redirection - beyond 2 years

Old Aug 29th 2011, 3:17 am
jcj
Just Joined

jcj is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Royal mail redirection - beyond 2 years

We have been using Royal mail redirection service to get our UK posts sent to US address. We have renewed it few times already in past 2+ years.

Just got a letter in the post from Royal Mail saying that they are unable to offer us a renewal this time, as we have exhausted the maximum period possible.

Has anybody found a solution to this? I saw other posts but none of those had a solution. We still own a house in UK and want to keep getting the post redirected to us.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 4:45 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal mail redirection - beyond 2 years

Have you tried calling Royal Mail to discuss your circumstances? There may be an exception if you can explain your needs.

Failing that option, a lot of people on here have their UK mail directed to relatives or friends in the UK.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 12:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jcj
We have been using Royal mail redirection service to get our UK posts sent to US address. We have renewed it few times already in past 2+ years.

Just got a letter in the post from Royal Mail saying that they are unable to offer us a renewal this time, as we have exhausted the maximum period possible.

Has anybody found a solution to this? I saw other posts but none of those had a solution. We still own a house in UK and want to keep getting the post redirected to us.
I would try waiting a while and set up the redirection on line. You will need a UK phone number to complete the online redirection process.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 1:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Curious why you are still receiving mail in the UK if you have not resided there during the last 2 years. Personally, I would have reported a change of address to all that are still mailing me at the UK address.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 1:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Curious why you are still receiving mail in the UK if you have not resided there during the last 2 years. Personally, I would have reported a change of address to all that are still mailing me at the UK address.
Some UK companies will not send mail internationally. I have this problem with my UK gas and electric provider...the excuse is that all their mail is pre stamped which is only for domestic delivery.