Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Royal Festival of Rememberance

Royal Festival of Rememberance

Old Nov 12th 2011, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

keaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Royal Festival of Rememberance

Can anyone tell me if the festival is televised in USA or not? I have done searches and found nothing, so I'm thinking no.. but hoped to have some input from you all. I miss that - and watched it every year back home. We can get some Canadian TV stations, so it could be on there.
Anyone know anything?
Thanks.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Festival of Rememberance

I have never seen it on television here in the US.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 7:59 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

BBC America is a premium channel available on my cable. I do not subscribe and I do not know if they carry it.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

keaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for replying. I didn't think I could get it, but thought here was always a chance someone might have a suggestion! I have BBC America, but it shows so much rubbish I really wouldn't recommend it. Everytime I look at the guide it seems to be Kitchen Nightmares - and right now, X-Files - since when did BBC make X-files?!!! I hoped PBS might show it, but no luck.
Thanks again!
Old Nov 12th 2011, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keaki80
Thank you for replying. I didn't think I could get it, but thought here was always a chance someone might have a suggestion! I have BBC America, but it shows so much rubbish I really wouldn't recommend it. Everytime I look at the guide it seems to be Kitchen Nightmares - and right now, X-Files - since when did BBC make X-files?!!! I hoped PBS might show it, but no luck.
Thanks again!
I don't have cable (had it up until a couple of years ago). My daughter has cable and gets BBC America - she would agree with you. She said it is total rubbish!! PBS probably has the best British shows. I watch a lot of PBS and I also have a Netflix subscription so watch a lot of British shows via Netflix.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 3:15 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Royal Festival of Rememberance

Can anyone tell me if the festival is televised in USA or not? I have done searches and found nothing, so I'm thinking no.. but hoped to have some input from you all. I miss that - and watched it every year back home. We can get some Canadian TV stations, so it could be on there.
Anyone know anything?
Thanks.

There is a video included here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-war-dead.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15712255

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...en-heroes.html

(Cherie Blair looks like a witch and I kind of feel a bit sorry for Princess Anne's spouse Tim Lawrence - incorrectly named Mark in the report - who always seems to be on the periphery of any Royal gatherings and largely ignored. I guess the marriage has been dead for years but the Queen would be horrified at her daughter getting divorced for the second time).
Old Nov 13th 2011, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again!
You have to remember that BBCAmerica is not the BBC. It is a separate commercial station just like any other here in the US. That it shares the name of the BBC is almost merely a coincidence. It is not run by the BBC but it gets first dibs on a lot of new British stuff (including stuff from ITV, C4 and C5) that is about it.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
You have to remember that BBCAmerica is not the BBC. It is a separate commercial station just like any other here in the US. That it shares the name of the BBC is almost merely a coincidence. It is not run by the BBC but it gets first dibs on a lot of new British stuff (including stuff from ITV, C4 and C5) that is about it.
I didn't know that!!
Old Nov 13th 2011, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Derrygal
I didn't know that!!
Neither did I!
Well, if you're looking for the BBC, (which I was) you'd think BBC America would be the place to go. However, I have since learnt that PBS is by far the best and shows Downton Abbey, (coming back in January)!!

Anyway, thanks for that - and thanks for the links Englishmum, I shall be sure to check them out.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know anything?
Thanks.
You can watch it on iplayer if you download "expatshield" which masks your location. Google the website and download expatshield, then you can watch as much bbc on iplayer as you want!!
I watched the festival of remembrance last night and it was wonderful!
Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
You can watch it on iplayer if you download "expatshield" which masks your location. Google the website and download expatshield, then you can watch as much bbc on iplayer as you want!!
I watched the festival of remembrance last night and it was wonderful!
I don't have an iplayer! But I'm glad you enjoyed it
Old Nov 15th 2011, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have an iplayer! But I'm glad you enjoyed it
Iplayer is not a separate device - it's available on the BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

It's not available to IP addresses outside of the UK, which is why you need something like expatshield to mask your location.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 2:59 am
Just Joined

MJO61 is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually found it in three parts on UTube. It was the BBC broadcast. First one was about 45 minutes and the other two about 30 minutes.