Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

rothmans cigarettes

rothmans cigarettes

Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

mum2bowie is just really nicemum2bowie is just really nicemum2bowie is just really nicemum2bowie is just really nicemum2bowie is just really nicemum2bowie is just really nicemum2bowie is just really nicemum2bowie is just really nice
Default rothmans cigarettes

Ullo from a newbie
Need some advice please. Relocated to the USA in December 07 and so far so good. One small problem - I smoke Rothmans (blue) cigarettes and they are really hard to find in NJ not to mention twice the price of marlboro. I'm not loving the idea of buying Rothmans online so I was wondering what American brands (read: easily available) ex pats are smoking (or am I the only baddie left???)
Thanks in advance for all opinions!!!
mum2bowie
PS Bowie is the dog!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

California_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud of
Default Re: rothmans cigarettes

Originally Posted by mum2bowie
Ullo from a newbie
Need some advice please. Relocated to the USA in December 07 and so far so good. One small problem - I smoke Rothmans (blue) cigarettes and they are really hard to find in NJ not to mention twice the price of marlboro. I'm not loving the idea of buying Rothmans online so I was wondering what American brands (read: easily available) ex pats are smoking (or am I the only baddie left???)
Thanks in advance for all opinions!!!
mum2bowie
PS Bowie is the dog!
I was about to commend you on your son until I read your PS!

I'm a nasty smoker too and moving here has been a breath of fresh air (hehe). I smoke menthols and the selection for menthol cigarettes in the UK is limited to say the least. I used to smoke richmond menthols in the UK but I've since switched to Camel menthols.

Ever tried Camels?

C_B
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

mum2bowie is just really nicemum2bowie is just really nicemum2bowie is just really nicemum2bowie is just really nicemum2bowie is just really nicemum2bowie is just really nicemum2bowie is just really nicemum2bowie is just really nice

no I have never tried them, so I will give it a go! Thanks.
Bowie is so named because she has 2 different colored eyes (one brown one blue) like David Bowie. Later I found out Jane Seymour had the same thing but I wasn't going to be shouting Seymour at the dog...
Long Day
Old Jan 24th 2008, 10:17 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

This is probably the last thing you want to hear but maybe it's the time to give up smoking since you can't get your regular brand. I think I know how you feel 'cos my Mum is a lifelong Rothmans International smoker and she ain't giving up her smokes for anyone.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 10:19 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by California_Bound
I was about to commend you on your son until I read your PS!

I'm a nasty smoker too and moving here has been a breath of fresh air (hehe). I smoke menthols and the selection for menthol cigarettes in the UK is limited to say the least. I used to smoke richmond menthols in the UK but I've since switched to Camel menthols.

Ever tried Camels?

C_B

Oh, I used to smoke menthols - started puffing at age 10
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:20 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
This is probably the last thing you want to hear
and yet you'll still bore everyone by saying it.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:29 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

After you've been here a while you'll probably find changing to a US brand is more worth your while...

I always smoked B & H back home, but they're none existent here so I changed to Marlboro Lights.....

now when I go home and try a B&H it tastes horrible...
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:32 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by lisag8070
After you've been here a while you'll probably find changing to a US brand is more worth your while...

I always smoked B & H back home, but they're none existent here so I changed to Marlboro Lights.....

now when I go home and try a B&H it tastes horrible...
I used to smoke B&H too....and I'm on Camel Ultra lights here.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:42 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Not a regular day to day smoker BUT love a menthol after a few
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Not a regular day to day smoker BUT love a menthol after a few
I cant stand menthol cigarettes....like trying to smoke a Tampon soaked in Vicks.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:46 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
I used to smoke B&H too....and I'm on Camel Ultra lights here.
yea with me it was a toss up between camel lights and marlboro lights.....but I remembered my cousins smoking camels in the UK and I always thought they smelt horrible...

now when I go home and smoke marlboro lights my friends tell me they smell disgusting....oh well...can't win em all...

I just remind them that I'm only paying about 2 quid a packet..... whilst they're paying 6 quid...

Last edited by lisag8070; Jan 25th 2008 at 12:48 am. Reason: adding another sentance...
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lisag8070
yea with me it was a toss up between camel lights and marlboro lights.....but I remembered my cousins smoking camels in the UK and I always thought they smelt horrible...

now when I go home and smoke marlboro lights my friends tell me they smell disgusting....oh well...can't win em all...

I just remind them that I'm only paying about 2 quid a packet..... whilst they're paying 6 quid...
They are right..Marlboro's do stink. Thats why I smoke the Camel Utras..they dont stink.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:11 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

They are right..Marlboro's do stink. Thats why I smoke the Camel Utras..they dont stink.
I bet you smell lovely. Nothing like the fragrance of stale smoke.

Oh, and nothing like the self-righteous smugness of an ex-smoker like me!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I bet you smell lovely. Nothing like the fragrance of stale smoke.

Oh, and nothing like the self-righteous smugness of an ex-smoker like me!
My clothes probably do smell of cigs...but my cologne over powers before most people can get into range.

Sanctimonious git
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:18 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

and yet you'll still bore everyone by saying it.
I was addressing the OP, not you but thanks for your highly predictible "thoughts".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.