Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Room to rent wanted North Hollywood.

Room to rent wanted North Hollywood.

Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

nathankershaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Room to rent wanted North Hollywood.

Hi, I'm going to be coming over to America in 4 to 6 weeks to do an acting class at:
THE ACTING CORPS
5508 Cahuenga Boulevard
North Hollywood, CA 91601

I'm 35 and quite sensible, but obviously not that sensible as I'm still pursuing an acting career!
I want to rent the room for between 1 and 3 months.
I've been to LA a couple of times and love the place so I want to spend a bit more time there so I can get a real feel for it.

Any advice that anyone can give me would be much appreciated aswell.

Thanks, Nathan.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 4:25 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room to rent wanted North Hollywood.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/hhh/
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:46 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Craigslist would be a useful resource, as noted.

Keep in mind that most roommate situations (this is what would be a "flatmate" to you -- in the US, you can be a roommate without sharing the bedroom itself) that no bedroom furniture is provided. Apartments are almost always rented unfurnished (empty but for the stove/oven and possibly the refrigerator), so the furnishings will likely be limited to whatever the roommate has to share. You may need to get a bed and other furnishings to make your life livable.

If you won't have a car, life in LA will be a PITA. The MTA website will give you an idea of how to get around without wheels, but it won't be glamorous.

Also, be careful of acting schools, as many of them aren't reputable. Investigate your choices carefully.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

nathankershaw is an unknown quantity at this point

brilliant, thanks for the info.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nathankershaw
Hi, I'm going to be coming over to America in 4 to 6 weeks to do an acting class at:
THE ACTING CORPS
5508 Cahuenga Boulevard
North Hollywood, CA 91601

I'm 35 and quite sensible, but obviously not that sensible as I'm still pursuing an acting career!
I want to rent the room for between 1 and 3 months.
I've been to LA a couple of times and love the place so I want to spend a bit more time there so I can get a real feel for it.

Any advice that anyone can give me would be much appreciated aswell.

Thanks, Nathan.
Hi:

What are you doing for wheels? Check the transit system at mta.net. It seems that the area around Chauenga & Burbank blvd is best served by the Burbank Municipal Bus System, but there are connections with the Metro system. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be anywhere near the "rapid" portions of the system. Do note that the area around there is flat so bicycle is a real option. In looking at the weather forecasts, do note that the "East Valley" can easily be 10-20 F. degrees hotter than in downtown L.A.. Also, the Valley tends to be somewhat smoggier.