Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Romney/Obama policy comparison tool

Romney/Obama policy comparison tool

Old Sep 26th 2012, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

HighCountry will become famous soon enoughHighCountry will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Romney/Obama policy comparison tool

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Yeah, but Clint Eastwood's chair would have over 40% in the polls.
Given a choice between the two, I would vote for the chair.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

The rationale is that if you tax capital gains too high then it would discourage those with money from investing it and hence would be detrimental to the economy, as they would either squirrel the money away, or invest it overseas where the capital gains tax is lower. I don't necessarily agree with that argument, but that's what it is.

What the comment says to me is that is just reinforces my belief that George Carlin was right about the owners of this country and that politics is all a sideshow to make the proles think they have some power.
Yes I think so too.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 7:06 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HighCountry View Post
It's all fun and games until you realise that he has over 40% in the polls.
The American public would vote for a bag of hair.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

The rationale is that if you tax capital gains too high then it would discourage those with money from investing it and hence would be detrimental to the economy, as they would either squirrel the money away, or invest it overseas where the capital gains tax is lower. I don't necessarily agree with that argument, but that's what it is.

What the comment says to me is that is just reinforces my belief that George Carlin was right about the owners of this country and that politics is all a sideshow to make the proles think they have some power.
Yup - except that the evidence against is pretty striking...

High tax countries have plenty of people investing in them.

And here in the US one has to ask "Where are the frigging jobs then?!"
Old Sep 26th 2012, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
The American public would vote for a bag of hair.
And many of them will in November.