Rock Salmon

Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:54 am
Just Joined

dimpledot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rock Salmon

Does anyone know what would be the nearest to chip shop Rock Salmon over here in Texas. I wouldn't even mind battering it myself if I knew the fish would be like rock salmon. Of all the foods I miss the chip shop food is the biggest of all. (grease and all)
Old Dec 12th 2003, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

I moved from Poole, Dorset, to Tyler, Texas...

What's 'fish'?
Old Dec 12th 2003, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Poshpaws is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, no such fish that is like 'Sweet William' as it was called in my neck of the woods, have I found here in the US. Think it belongs to the eel family.

Loved it as a kid, think I prefer a nice piece of haddock now. Just received a smoked salmon yesterday from Scotland..last year it was kippers from this dear old friend over here in the US. Love kippers, hubby can't stand them. or the way they stink up the house.

Not sure what we are going to do with this smoked salmon either, it's huge!
Old Dec 13th 2003, 3:22 am
Just Joined

Default rock salmon?

I know back home a few years ago we had to change the name to Dog fish because Brussels said it was not Salmon. I have also seen it as Huss.
Karen
Old Dec 13th 2003, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: rock salmon?

Originally posted by dimpledot
I know back home a few years ago we had to change the name to Dog fish because Brussels said it was not Salmon. I have also seen it as Huss.
Karen
Brussels ?? Another reason I was not too upset to move !

People keep telling me I am European, not a bloody chance, English through & through.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 2:07 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rock salmon?

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Brussels ?? Another reason I was not too upset to move !

People keep telling me I am European, not a bloody chance, English through & through.
How do you feel about "British"? I always say I'm British, but I notice most other non-English Brits seem to say they're Welsh, or Scottish. I don't remember many expat friends saying they're English.... funny thing, really. Is it consdiered bad to be proud of being English?

Last edited by dunroving; Dec 13th 2003 at 2:40 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2003, 4:27 am
Just Joined

Default English and proud of it

This is a laughing piont in my house. With me being the brunt of it.

I am definately English. Not European, not British. I only say British when most around me do and I don't want to have to go through the rigmarole that I do at home with my hubby.

My older kids always say they are English. And they are proud of it too.