Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Robinsons International Movers Terrible & Very Upsetting Service

Robinsons International Movers Terrible & Very Upsetting Service

Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:32 pm
London-San Fran-Vancouver

BadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Robinsons International Movers Terrible & Very Upsetting Service

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
I had been a BR member for a year at the time.
I started a thread about how unhappy I was when some of my stuff was trashed due to woefully inadequate packaging and that if I didn't get satisfaction I'd post who it was.
I was told that I was not allowed to do that.
I'm sure there is a fine line but if you threaten a company it may be frowned upon.

I am just writing of my experience as we paid a hell of a lot of money to a company that went over time and time again how well they pack everything. We were also assured on the day but the main guy that he tells his men if anything gets damaged own up at the time. Our experience has been the complete opposite of everything we were told.

I hope you got your compensation in the end.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 1:09 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
When did you post yours?

We'll delete threads from new members who join up to name and shame and else where on a case by case basis depending on how long a member has been a member etc. If you had any questions at the time, you'd have been more than welcome to have pm'ed the mod who deleted the thread to ask.
What he said

I had been a BR member for a year at the time.
I started a thread about how unhappy I was when some of my stuff was trashed due to woefully inadequate packaging and that if I didn't get satisfaction I'd post who it was.
I was told that I was not allowed to do that.
I believe the thread you are referencing actually ran for 6 pages

We try and take each post/thread on it's merit, and we make what we feel is the best decision at that time. Not everything is black and white as I hope you will understand.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

What is clear is that the thread starter here was allowed to do exactly what I was told was not permissible.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 1:29 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

What is clear is that the thread starter here was allowed to do exactly what I was told was not permissible.
Just to reiterate what I said above .. not everything is black and white, cut and dry .... etc etc
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome to your opinion. I presume your opinion is that somehow this thread differs significantly from the one I started. Your opinion is incorrect.

But I don't expect that you will see it that way.

Now I've had my grumble, I'll go back to being one of the sheep and just do what I'm told.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 2:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome to your opinion. I presume your opinion is that somehow this thread differs significantly from the one I started. Your opinion is incorrect.

But I don't expect that you will see it that way.

Now I've had my grumble, I'll go back to being one of the sheep and just do what I'm told.
You are only a sheep if you want to be one. Why don't you take this to PM?
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:18 pm

BadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud of

After Robinson's admitting fault three weeks ago they are now ignoring all emails regarding me replacing the badly damaged chair and the stained glass.

It just adds insult to the matter
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:41 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgerNaboo
Hi CP

My OH company is closing down on the 17th December so everyone out of a job. The HR person comes over on the 30th should know more then. Thanks for asking.
Hey, isn't today the big day?

Good luck, hope it works out well
Old Nov 30th 2010, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
Hey, isn't today the big day?

Good luck, hope it works out well
Thanks CP I think OH is in a meeting now
Old Dec 1st 2010, 9:26 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks CP I think OH is in a meeting now
So how did it go?
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 12:16 am

Office closes on 17th Dec but he will be 'employed' until the end of Feb..

Gives him a little more time to find work and hopefully things will look a little better in Jan (fingers crossed)
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 1:31 am
Democracy advocate

Office closes on 17th Dec but he will be 'employed' until the end of Feb..

Gives him a little more time to find work and hopefully things will look a little better in Jan (fingers crossed)
3 months - gives you a bit of time to find something else, but not a lot.

make sure you take time to enjoy it whilst you are here - Tahoe skiing, Santa Cruz, Monterey, road trip south on the 1 through Big Sur, Road trip North on the 101 up through Oregon coastline, hiking in Yosemite, grand canyon, Vegas and so on - just in-case it doesn't pan-out.

Good luck.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
3 months - gives you a bit of time to find something else, but not a lot.

make sure you take time to enjoy it whilst you are here - Tahoe skiing, Santa Cruz, Monterey, road trip south on the 1 through Big Sur, Road trip North on the 101 up through Oregon coastline, hiking in Yosemite, grand canyon, Vegas and so on - just in-case it doesn't pan-out.

Good luck.
Thanks He's a bright boy so we still have hope..

Been on a mini road trip down Highway 1 to Santa Cruz... Beautiful
Old Dec 8th 2010, 4:07 pm

Our stuff was delivered damaged on 27th October still nothing sorted with Robinsons
Old Dec 15th 2010, 5:43 pm

Robinsons still ignoring emails a total insult after they have admitted liability

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.