Reload this Page >

RIR and Labor Approval in Current Scenario

RIR and Labor Approval in Current Scenario

Old Sep 11th 2002, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

mallu2u is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RIR and Labor Approval in Current Scenario

Folks,

In the current scenario, does one believe that one can apply in RIR for labor and hope to get approved. Or should one just go through regular labor approval process. I have heard cases of non-approval since there is already so many people getting layoff or not employed.

Thanks.
Old Sep 11th 2002, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Wildcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RIR and Labor Approval in Current Scenario

I have heard that it depends on where you are in the U.S. If you are applying in a region where all the recent layoffs have been taking place (i.e. west coast), then they will pretty much reject all RIR cases, and send it for traditional labor cert.

Originally posted by mallu2u:
Folks,

In the current scenario, does one believe that one can apply in RIR for labor and hope to get approved. Or should one just go through regular labor approval process. I have heard cases of non-approval since there is already so many people getting layoff or not employed.

Thanks.