Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Ring ring, money calling!

Ring ring, money calling!

Old Sep 10th 2003, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Ring ring, money calling!

My brother just called me from home to let me know that while checking through my bank statements(I redirected all mail to him when I left) he noticed that I had over 300 pounds still in my account. I thought I'd bled that sucka dry by paying off all debts and bills before I left. I guess with the big check from the housesale and just a week after the house sale to when I left must have confused my financial mind lol. So thats over $450 coming to me next week when my mum arrives. Plus, they finally sold my motorbike last weekend, so I have even more money coming

Anybody else get a winfall they'd forgotten about?
Old Sep 10th 2003, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Ring ring, money calling!

Originally posted by Pimpbot
My brother just called me from home to let me know that while checking through my bank statements(I redirected all mail to him when I left) he noticed that I had over 300 pounds still in my account. I thought I'd bled that sucka dry by paying off all debts and bills before I left. I guess with the big check from the housesale and just a week after the house sale to when I left must have confused my financial mind lol. So thats over $450 coming to me next week when my mum arrives. Plus, they finally sold my motorbike last weekend, so I have even more money coming

Anybody else get a winfall they'd forgotten about?

Oh, I thought this topic sounded like that ad from Jaguar.. London Calling
Old Sep 10th 2003, 1:43 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody else get a winfall they'd forgotten about?...

yes, just last weekend I was pulling on my shorts and I found 2 very nicely washed and tumble dried dollars in the pocket....it made my day it did
Old Sep 10th 2003, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

No......i wish......still trying to get some cash out of the Inland Revenue........can't wait to work, won't know what to do with myself.

Rob
Old Sep 10th 2003, 4:34 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

I got £150 sent to me from the Child Benefit Agency 6 months after I'd left the country. It turns out they were a wee bit too keen in stopping my payments (based on the date I notified them, rather than the date we left) Nice bit of spending money there for when I go back this Xmas!

Another one I had was a few years back now, on Xmas Eve. Came home from work to find a letter from the Inland Revenue waiting for me (groan) Except this one was a refund cheque for £600. Woo Hooo! It certainly was a Happy Xmas for me!

Last edited by ladyofthelake; Sep 10th 2003 at 4:38 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 6:38 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Found a crisp pound note the other day - ah real money!