RFI at MSC

Old Sep 6th 2002, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RFI at MSC

Does anyone have experience of an RFI at missouri regarding K-3 status petitiions, i havent received yet what they want, but i was wondering if once it arrives and if i send what they want immediately and overnight it, how much of a set back will this put on my petition. has anyone had experience at MSC regarding these things and what was you timeline after their request... thanks in anticipation
Old Sep 6th 2002, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: RFI at MSC

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:
Does anyone have experience of an RFI at missouri regarding K-3 status petitiions, i havent received yet what they want, but i was wondering if once it arrives and if i send what they want immediately and overnight it, how much of a set back will this put on my petition. has anyone had experience at MSC regarding these things and what was you timeline after their request... thanks in anticipation

and how long does it usually take for you to receive the RFI form from them
Old Sep 7th 2002, 12:25 am
Mike

mrsstrickland <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Does anyone have experience of an RFI at missouri regarding K-3 status petitiions,
    > i havent received yet what they want, but i was wondering if once it arrives and if
    > i send what they want immediately and overnight it, how much of a set back will
    > this put on my petition. has anyone had experience at MSC regarding these things
    > and what was you timeline after their request... thanks in anticipation

I have been seeing these pop up lately on various bulletin boards, most seem to be
asking for divorce papers which I dont know why you wouldnt include everything with
your pkg??? Good luck...Mike C

Old Sep 7th 2002, 12:39 am
Girard Bourque

I have not recieved a RFI or anything yet from MO. but the reason I did not send in
my divorce papers, is because instruction #12 said to omit it. So I
did. If they come back now asking for it, then I am not going to be a happy camper.

So here is a question to one of the lawyers that reside on the board, as a
preventive measure so I submit the papers as an admendment or should I wait for them
to request the info?

Jerry

Old Sep 7th 2002, 1:50 am
Mdudall

>I have not recieved a RFI or anything yet from MO. but the reason I did not send in
    >my divorce papers, is because instruction #12 said to omit it. So I
    >did. If they come back now asking for it, then I am not going to be a happy camper.

Could you do me a favor (and the others who might be getting started with their
immigration process) and type out instruction #12. On my I-129f instruction sheet, I
don't see what it could have been that kept you from submitting your divorce decree,
so I'm curious what it was that made you think you did not need to submit the
divorce decree.

>So here is a question to one of the lawyers that reside on the board, as a
    >preventive measure so I submit the papers as an admendment or should I wait for them
    >to request the info?

I'd wait for the RFE. The RFE usually comes with a special blue colored sheet that
has a bar code, and that is very helpful to the contract workers in getting your
additional evidence lined up with your file. Other letters are routed into "general
correspondence" (at least at the CSC that is what happens) and it could take over a
year for them to process it/look at what it was you sent (again, at the CSC… I
know, you are at the MSC) and your case would be long gone from the Service Center by
then... lets hope :-).

Regards, Matthew Udall Attorney

Old Sep 7th 2002, 2:53 am
Girard Bourque

Okay here it is and I must have read it wrong, but I still read it as not being
required. The #12 below is actually the second paragraph of that section and I have
sent all of #5. 5D is the requirement for the divorce paperwork, 12 says that I can
omit it, and I was under the impression to not send items they did not request. So
live and learn. I should have known.

12. How do I use this form for my spouse or child seeking entry using a K-3/K-4 visa?
You must submit the documents required in questions 3, 4 and 6 of the
instructions, but may omit the documents required in question 5. In addition,
citizens petitioning for K-3 visas for their alien spouses must also include
evidence that they have filed Form I-130 on behalf of the alien spouse listed on
this form, and a marriage certificate evidencing the legal marriage between the
citizen and alien.

13. What documents do you need to prove you can legally marry?
A. Copies of evidence that you and your fiancé(e) have personally met within the last
two years, or if you have never met within the last two years, provide a detailed
explanation and evidence of the extreme hardship or customary, cultural or social
practices which have prohibited your meeting; and
B. Original statements from you and your fiancé(e) whom you plan to marry within 90
days of his/her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to
establish your mutual intent.
C. If either of you is of an age that requires special consent or permission for you
to marry in the jurisdiction in which your marriage will occur, give proof of that
consent orpermission
D. If either you or your fiancé(e) were married before, give copies of documents
showing that each prior marriage was legally terminated; and

Old Sep 7th 2002, 3:05 am
Girard Bourque

Also as a side note, I went to the local INS office to review the 130 application
before I sent it off. The inspector there found a mistake and had a suggestion so I
changed my paperwork to comply with what she said. When I enquired about the K-3
paperwork, even the inspector said that I would exchange the 130 with the 129,
include the NOA and I could lose the divorce paperwork. So I did. Other then that,
the 2 packages are identical.

Old Sep 7th 2002, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

i thought the same, the notes dont make it clear, both my applications are exactly the same except the affradavit of support and the divorce papers were missin off the 129f, i truly didnt think i needed to submit then for the reason of the notes on the application, both me and my husband are very distressed now as we thought this would have all been over in 6-8 weeks and i would be home, but now i'll be lucky to get home by christmas, depending how long they take to send the RFI and then once they get it back, how long to get it processed, its a never ending disaster, its a shame the INS dont have a distress line, cos im sure there would be a lot of people callin it.....
Old Sep 8th 2002, 3:48 am
Wolf2743mi

I received an RFE from Missouri August 30. My first NOA from them April 22. Nothing
further from them until RFE in August. Seems they wanted my wife's actual signiture
on her G-325a. My signature would not cut it, I guess.

Mike

Old Sep 8th 2002, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

it seems they dont send for an RFE until they are ready to adjudicate the petition, so this is why is probably takes a long time to receive it, lets hope it doesnt take long