Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Retain UK drivers license?

Retain UK drivers license?

Old Nov 30th 2010, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retain UK drivers license?

Originally Posted by alan280170
Defo never ticked that I was a US citizen and I'm sure they would have my previous details and Visa on computer, never had any hassle at immigration eother, just tell them my situation and my Indonesia Visa/return ticket and off I pop.
Really? Wow.... after all the hassle have to go through renewing my TX license I'm really, really surprised you got to do it online. Even my husband who is an LPR couldn't renew online
Old Nov 30th 2010, 11:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan280170
Defo never ticked that I was a US citizen and I'm sure they would have my previous details and Visa on computer, never had any hassle at immigration eother, just tell them my situation and my Indonesia Visa/return ticket and off I pop.

If you tell the IO you consider the US 'home' you will.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
A Canadian is "A non immigrant, and does not need documents from Immigration to be in the USA" But if you overstay your 6 months! Getting back in could be a non starter.

A driving license no problem, one year at a time!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

alan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nice

I have, but I also have a UK address, so in IO eyes I am a UK citizen, although I pay no tax there or anywhere for that matter, but I spend a large chunk of change in the US economy. But I may need another Visa, so may be back paying US old peoples tax.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mick1935
A Canadian is "A non immigrant, and does not need documents from Immigration to be in the USA" But if you overstay your 6 months! Getting back in could be a non starter.

A driving license no problem, one year at a time!
Sorry...I'm not with you at all...I'm not discussing Canadians.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of

Sorry...I'm not with you at all...I'm not discussing Canadians.
Just thought I would through them in... They are people too! You should see the paperwork required!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mick1935
Just thought I would through them in... They are people too! You should see the paperwork required!
I, too, am Canadian - and I've done the paperwork. That said, even I don't understand what you're on about. You've got thoughts in your head but those thoughts aren't translating well to what you actually write in your posts. This does not mean that you need to "rethink" what you're doing to try something else... it means that you need to clarify what you're thinking. You need to clarify for two reasons: 1) it will help you better understand a confusing and, often, conflicting process; and 2) it will help us better understand your situation and what you actually want to accomplish.

Ian
Old Nov 30th 2010, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I, too, am Canadian - and I've done the paperwork. That said, even I don't understand what you're on about. You've got thoughts in your head but those thoughts aren't translating well to what you actually write in your posts. This does not mean that you need to "rethink" what you're doing to try something else... it means that you need to clarify what you're thinking. You need to clarify for two reasons: 1) it will help you better understand a confusing and, often, conflicting process; and 2) it will help us better understand your situation and what you actually want to accomplish.Ian
Well Ian, as we are all ready way off subject, which seemed to be someone stretching a point... Big stretch, lying about living in the UK, when they did not, to obtain a brit driving license. I threw in the difficulty of obtaining a driving license, whilst not having a green (not green!) card, but obtaining a driving license in Florida, just for a year, but not impossible, as a Canuk.

I didn't get to be 75 without beating about the bush to a great extent! I got good at it!