Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Restriction on foreign non EU docs in UK

Restriction on foreign non EU docs in UK

Old Mar 23rd 2006, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

oncoman is just really niceoncoman is just really niceoncoman is just really niceoncoman is just really niceoncoman is just really niceoncoman is just really niceoncoman is just really niceoncoman is just really niceoncoman is just really niceoncoman is just really nice
Default Restriction on foreign non EU docs in UK

Folks
Have any of you heard about the new restrictions on non EU docs in the UK?
Apparently new restrictions have been placed or the equal opportunities have been removed giving EU docs from Poland etc preferernce over non EU docs.
How do you think this will affect the system and health care practises if at all?
Appreciate yuor comments
Am new here and this is a great forum
Thanx
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restriction on foreign non EU docs in UK

Originally Posted by oncoman
Folks
Apparently new restrictions have been placed or the equal opportunities have been removed giving EU docs from Poland etc preferernce over non EU docs.
How do you think this will affect the system and health care practises if at all?
Appreciate yuor comments
Thanx
You do realize that this is the USA forum, for those who are living or wishing to live in the US?
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 4:48 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
You do realize that this is the USA forum, for those who are living or wishing to live in the US?
So this issue could impact British expats, living in the US, particularly long-term expats who maybe have little UK documentation left
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:31 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by oncoman
Folks
Appreciate yuor comments
Thanx
Do you mean doctors or documentation? I think you mean doctors.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:33 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shahlax
Do you mean doctors or documentation? I think you mean doctors.
Now that I read it I think you're right
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:34 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

and no idea!

Is this an anti-EU rant?
Or an rant against Poland?
Or what?

Most of the ranters who post here seem to choose Oz as their destination to "avoid the immigrants" rather than our little spot here.

Seems logical to have reasonably unified documentation in the EU to me -- cuts out paperwork and bureaucrats.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:41 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
and no idea!

Is this an anti-EU rant?
Or an rant against Poland?
Or what?

Most of the ranters who post here seem to choose Oz as their destination to "avoid the immigrants" rather than our little spot here.

Seems logical to have reasonably unified documentation in the EU to me -- cuts out paperwork and bureaucrats.
doesn't appear to be a rant to me, the name oncoman implies he's probably an oncologist, so i think it is a genuine question.

As for my opinion, i'll have to think about it a bit first
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:46 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cutina
doesn't appear to be a rant to me, the name oncoman implies he's probably an oncologist, so i think it is a genuine question.

As for my opinion, i'll have to think about it a bit first

Certainly sounds anti-Polish to me -- but I really haven't got a clue what he's actually on about.

I'll paste him the stuff I've just posted down in immigration about the EU:

European Union (EU) citizenship
The Maastricht Treaty introduced the concept of citizenship of the European Union. This citizenship flows from national citizenship — one holds the nationality of an EU member state and as a result becomes a "citizen of the Union" in addition.

EU citizenship offers certain rights and privileges within the EU; in many areas EU citizens have the same or similar rights as native citizens in member states. Such rights granted to EU citizens ([1]) include:

freedom of movement and the right of residence within the territory of the Member States;
right to vote and stand as a candidate at elections to the European Parliament and at municipal elections in the Member State of residence;
right to diplomatic and consular protection;
right of petition to the European Parliament; and
right to refer to the Ombudsman.
The right of residence connotes not only the right of abode, but also the right to apply to work in any position (including national civil services with the exception of sensitive positions such as defence).

EU member states also use a common passport design, burgundy coloured, with the name of the member state, national seal, and the title "European Union" (or its translation), and most also use a common format for their driving licences in order to simplify their use within the whole EU.

Union citizenship continues to gain in status and the European Court of Justice has stated that Union citizenship will be the "fundamental status of nationals of Member States" (see Case C-184/99 Rudy Grzelczyk v Centre Public d'Aide Sociale d'Ottignes-Louvain-la-Neuve, [2001] ECR I-6193, para 31). The European Commission has affirmed that Union citizenship should be the fundamental status of EU nationals, but this is not accepted by many of the member states of the European Union.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizenship
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:47 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

I think he/she is talking about medical doctors, not documentation
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:51 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Shahlax
I think he/she is talking about medical doctors, not documentation

Possibly! Still think he'd be better off in the Barbie though!
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:53 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly sounds anti-Polish to me -- but I really haven't got a clue what he's actually on about.
i think the reason it didn't to me is because i know some croatians who have had trouble applying for UK PhD positions because they are non-EU. I took poland to be just en example of a nationality this would effect, although maybe it is because of a real-life experience with someone from poland. I'm not really of the opinion that EU members should have preferential treatment, but then again, we are part of a union, so i can see why others may be in favour.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't this put in place to try and help preserve the healthcare systems in the countries who need good doctors, like India and South Africa, because most of their top doctors are being tapped up by Britain and other EU member countries?
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:57 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by cutina
i think the reason it didn't to me is because i know some croatians who have had trouble applying for UK PhD positions because they are non-EU. I took poland to be just en example of a nationality this would effect, although maybe it is because of a real-life experience with someone from poland. I'm not really of the opinion that EU members should have preferential treatment, but then again, we are part of a union, so i can see why others may be in favour.

The EU stuff says I can go and work and live in your country and you can come and work and live in mine. We signed up and it's a two-way street. Croatia, beautiful though it may be, ain't in yet. And from my frequent hols there before I came to the US, I would say it has a long way to go before it will be ready.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 6:11 pm
stara koka masna juha

The EU stuff says I can go and work and live in your country and you can come and work and live in mine. We signed up and it's a two-way street. Croatia, beautiful though it may be, ain't in yet. And from my frequent hols there before I came to the US, I would say it has a long way to go before it will be ready.
ok. I'm sorry i read the OP wrong. but now i'm confused...
I thought he meant that the preferential treatment was to be lost, since i had thought it was already in place for a while.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 6:15 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps the OP could tell us what he means..exactly,, and how it will effect
the alien population of the US ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.