Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Response to Penny

Response to Penny

Old Jun 10th 2002, 1:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Response to Penny

Rather than tie up the post your experience thread with answers to your questions, I started a new thread for you.

As you said you were not denied. The decision was placed on hold until you appear with expanded evidence of the validity of your marriage. I posted to you originally when you questioned the scanity of evidence you had to bring and suggested some ways to beef it up. The same holds true.

1. Utility Bills
2. Club Memberships
3. Letters from your respective employers giving beneficiary information for 401K's, health benefits, life insurance benefits (company provided), marital status claimed, emergency contact name and phones
4. Letters from family and friends stating when they have seen you together as a married couple, at holidays, birthday, social settings
5. Previously filed income tax transcripts from the IRS showing you filed together
6. Cards and Letters from family and friends addressed to you both for holidays and anniversaries
7. E-mail messages addressed to both of you
8. Private life insurance policies naming the other beneficiary
9. Add your sponsor to a credit card before the interview and show the examiner the issuer's confirmation of the addition
10. Joint car insurance
11. Lease or deed
12. Any mail that comes to your place with his name on it
13. Magazine subscriptions
14. Wedding photographs
15. Wedding invitations
16. Wedding congratulatory cards
17. Letters from his family in England to you

R
Old Jun 10th 2002, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Response to Penny

Thank you Rete, for your reply.
I did see your earlier reply and I did beef up documentation before our interview, as you suggested. Thank you again.
Old Jun 10th 2002, 1:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Penny

If worse comes to worse you will, I believe, have the right to counter the denial. Hopefully at that time you will been able to add to the evidence you had accumulated to date. Also it might not hurt to get a consulation with an immigration attorney in California. You can find one through the AILA or perhaps you can contact Matt Udall for such a consulation or recommendation in the area of California you live in.

If you were forced to move to England, then you can do DCF through the US Consulate in London and because you moved back to England with your husband, that in itself is proof of the legitimacy of your marriage and will go a long way to prove it.

R
Old Jun 15th 2002, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Rete,
Thank you SO much for your advice. I also want to thank you for recommending Matt Udall, the immigration attorney here in California. I telephoned him yesterday at about 4:50 pm Pacific Time, and he actually answered the phone. He was extremely kind and gracious in his answers to my questions. I feel a lot better now. By the way, if it ends up we need to hire an attorney again, I will definitely consider Matt Udall before anyone else.
And by the way: He specifically told me to tell you "Hello" for him!
Thank you again, Rete!