Reload this Page >

Rescheduling of consular appointment for DV2003 winners

Rescheduling of consular appointment for DV2003 winners

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 3:31 am
Just Joined

sebdum is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Rescheduling of consular appointment for DV2003 winners

Hello,

I was a winner for the DV2003, and received a letter indicating that my appointment date at the embassy in Paris is in 2 months. I am currently living in the US and I have planned for months to marry another French citizen who already lives with me in the States (we both have non-immigrant visas). The wedding date is set 45 days AFTER the consular interview date, and we already have made all arrangements and reservations for our wedding. There is no way to reschedule the wedding.

Is there any way to reschedule the appointment after our wedding? This would also make things a lot easier for my spouse to get a green card. Would rescheduling jeopardize the opportunity to obtain an immigrant visa?

Any help or comment would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 7:29 pm
Queen

Default Re: Rescheduling of consular appointment for DV2003 winners

sebdum <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello,
    > I was a winner for the DV2003, and received a letter indicating that my appointment
    > date at the embassy in Paris is in 2 months. I am currently living in the US and I
    > have planned for months to marry another French citizen who already lives with me
    > in the States (we both have non-immigrant visas). The wedding date is set 45 days
    > AFTER the consular interview date, and we already have made all arrangements and
    > reservations for our wedding. There is no way to reschedule the wedding.
    > Is there any way to reschedule the appointment after our wedding? This would also
    > make things a lot easier for my spouse to get a green card. Would rescheduling
    > jeopardize the opportunity to obtain an immigrant visa?
    > Any help or comment would be greatly appreciated!
    > Thanks in advance.

If i were you, I'd do a small legal marriage in the US before your interview, since
she's on a non-immigrant visa, you can claim her, if you get married before
right???? its easy, fly to vegas, get married, cheap and fast, then do ceremony
later. Trying to reschedule your appt would be very very very unwise thing to
do!!!!!! Its that simple, dont make it harder than need be, u can have small legal
wedding and noone needs to know, just so it'll make it easier and she wont have to
wait 5-6yrs to get one based on being spouse of green card holder. She can jus get
it once u get it!!!!!!