Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Repost: South Carolina Driver's License question

Repost: South Carolina Driver's License question

Old May 12th 2004, 3:47 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I'll try again.

Presuming that SC is not much different from the other 49 states, then I imagine no drivers license will be given out without that person havin a residential address and an appropriate visa.
Old May 12th 2004, 3:47 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Why the ***** does my reply end up on top of the OP's message?
Old May 12th 2004, 3:54 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Repost: South Carolina Driver's License question

The South Carolina DMV's website has been offline now for months, and I'm not having much luck Googling for current information.

I - the American - will be at "home" in South Carolina next month for a holiday with my UK fiance. He doesn't have his visa yet, but wants to get his driver's license while we're there. (We will eventually be moving there permanently.)

The SC DMV has been under an intense amount of scrutiny for several years now over its incompetence. My local DMV barely knows what to do with the *American's* who are there. Since we hardly *ever* see a foreigner, I'm sure they won't have a clue what to do.

Does anyone on this forum know what the current requirements are for a foreign, non-resident to obtain a SC driver's license?

Cheers.
Old May 12th 2004, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Originally posted by manc1976
Mine kept doing that just now too!
Old May 12th 2004, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Just noticed that your time says you posted this before the one asking the original question!
Old May 12th 2004, 4:06 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

You must have powers that most of us cannot imagine
Old May 12th 2004, 4:18 pm
@matthewb76

Originally posted by ScousePete
You must have powers that most of us cannot imagine
Ok so I just went forward in time and can tell you that GWB won the election in Nov 2004 and 13,000 US lives died in Iraq in 2005 due to mass revolt by the Iraqi's invoking a civil war.

The only way to stop this is to votei n John Kerry.
you heard it here first guys.
Old May 12th 2004, 4:24 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Repost: South Carolina Driver's License question

Originally posted by DDL
The South Carolina DMV's website has been offline now for months, and I'm not having much luck Googling for current information.
Came up for me no problem:

http://www.scdmvonline.com/
Non-Immigrants
>Non-immigrants are foreign nationals who are permitted to enter and reside in the United States for a temporary period of time and for a specific purpose.

B1 and B2 Visa Holders
To obtain a SC credential, B1 and B2 visa holders must provide the following to obtain a SC credential:
Passport with unexpired visa
I-94 or I-94W
Letter from the Social Security Administration stating that the applicant is an alien not allowed to work in the United States
Proof of SC residency
Automobile insurance information (not required for ID card or beginner’s permit)

Last edited by ray6; May 12th 2004 at 4:27 pm.
Old May 12th 2004, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Repost: South Carolina Driver's License question

Originally posted by ray6
Came up for me no problem:

http://www.scdmvonline.com/
Non-Immigrants
>Non-immigrants are foreign nationals who are permitted to enter and reside in the United States for a temporary period of time and for a specific purpose.

B1 and B2 Visa Holders
To obtain a SC credential, B1 and B2 visa holders must provide the following to obtain a SC credential:
Passport with unexpired visa
I-94 or I-94W
Letter from the Social Security Administration stating that the applicant is an alien not allowed to work in the United States
Proof of SC residency
Automobile insurance information (not required for ID card or beginner’s permit)
It came up for me fine too
Old May 12th 2004, 5:19 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default South Carolina Driver's License question

Originally posted by AlisonPA
It came up for me fine too
Still doesn't come up for me. My IT-extraordinaire fiance is working on the problem as we speak .

Cheers for the info - all of it.