Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Rental properties in Florida.

Rental properties in Florida.

Old Oct 25th 2017, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

leema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rental properties in Florida.

We are relocating to Florida in the next few months - probably near Hudson or Spring Hill area so West Coast.

Anyone in Florida who can recommend a realtor? Looking for a shortish lease until we find somewhere to buy.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ecto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental properties in Florida.

Originally Posted by leema5 View Post
We are relocating to Florida in the next few months - probably near Hudson or Spring Hill area so West Coast.

Anyone in Florida who can recommend a realtor? Looking for a shortish lease until we find somewhere to buy.
Welcome,
Just a heads up that if you are moving between January and end of March, it is very busy in Florida with snow birds who come down from the north and Canada to avoid the winter. Things are generally a lot busier near the coast and more expensive at this time. You may have a reduced number of 3 month rentals to select from but if you are looking at 6 month or longer it won't affect you. I am afraid our realtor is in St Pete so not much help.
Good luck.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

leema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ecto17 View Post
Welcome,
Just a heads up that if you are moving between January and end of March, it is very busy in Florida with snow birds who come down from the north and Canada to avoid the winter. Things are generally a lot busier near the coast and more expensive at this time. You may have a reduced number of 3 month rentals to select from but if you are looking at 6 month or longer it won't affect you. I am afraid our realtor is in St Pete so not much help.
Good luck.
That’s useful information, thank you. We are looking at April so should miss the snowbirds. We love St Pete’s - just a wee bit out of our price range.

Thanks for replying.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:57 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

We are relocating to Florida in the next few months - probably near Hudson or Spring Hill area so West Coast. ....
You will need to get your ducks in a row (documenation on credit worthiness) to be able to buy if you don't have any US credit history (unless you are buying for cash).

BTW Florida doesn't have a "west coast", it has a "gulf coast".
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

That’s useful information, thank you. We are looking at April so should miss the snowbirds. We love St Pete’s - just a wee bit out of our price range.

Thanks for replying.
I love St Pete’s too...problem is the Scientologists who are buying up the properties.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Pulaski;12368524]You will need to get your ducks in a row (documenation on credit worthiness) to be able to buy if you don't have any US credit history (unless you are buying for cash).

BTW Florida doesn't have a "west coast", it has a "gulf coast". :nod

The West Coast, while referred to as the Gulf Coast, is still the West Coast 🤓

My wife is a US citizen with excellent credit but I would like to build mine up as soon as I can. Got so many ducks to line up from now until the move.

Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I love St Pete’s too...problem is the Scientologists who are buying up the properties.
Ha!

We didn’t really want to be driving over the bridge every day for work so I’m happy there is a downside to St Pete’s!
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ha!

We didn’t really want to be driving over the bridge every day for work so I’m happy there is a downside to St Pete’s!
Work isn’t a problem for us now. . Looked at condos on St Pete’s beach about 7/8 years ago. There was concern at the time that the Scientologists were buying up condos so they could keep the property values down...thus allowing them to more or less buy up St Pete’s.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The West Coast, while referred to as the Gulf Coast, is still the West Coast

My wife is a US citizen with excellent credit but I would like to build mine up as soon as I can. Got so many ducks to line up from now until the move.

Thanks for the info.
My sister is in Ft. Myers and people there consider it the west coast. Where I am in Mississippi or the panhandle of Florida consider their shoreline the Gulf Coast. Where the sun comes up is the east coast and where the sun goes down is the west coast.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
My sister is in Ft. Myers and people there consider it the west coast. Where I am in Mississippi or the panhandle of Florida consider their shoreline the Gulf Coast. Where the sun comes up is the east coast and where the sun goes down is the west coast.

The sunsets are spectacular!

Where we are in Scotland is cold, windy and rainy lol.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 10:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The sunsets are spectacular!

Where we are in Scotland is cold, windy and rainy lol.
I prefer the snow to the wind and rain and cold any day. For nothing beats the sunsets on a winter's day when you are on the 75th floor of the Empire State Building looking out over the Hudson River. Postcards are made from those sunsets.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 11:51 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

link

Maria helped me about 7 years ago in St Pete. Looks like they are mostly into the Palm Harbor area, north of here. Somewhere to start.

BTW - first day today since March 14th it is cool enough to open the windows here!

Last edited by RICH; Oct 25th 2017 at 11:57 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RICH View Post
link

Maria helped me about 7 years ago in St Pete. Looks like they are mostly into the Palm Harbor area, north of here. Somewhere to start.

BTW - first day today since March 14th it is cool enough to open the windows here!
Thanks so much :-)