Reload this Page >

Rental apartments in Houston

Rental apartments in Houston

Old Sep 26th 2012, 10:13 am
Just Joined

gofish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rental apartments in Houston

Hi,

I would be soon temporarily relocating to Houston. Could anyone suggest decent and safe neighbourhood rental apartments in Houston between Gessner Rd and Voss Road (south of I-10 and closer to Westheimer Rd). My budget is max. $850 for one bedroom apartment. I have looked on apartmentratings.com but most of the reviews are outdated. I would prefer to hear from someone living/lived in that area.

Many Thanks
Old Sep 26th 2012, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

wilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nicewilba1234 is just really nice
Default Re: Rental apartments in Houston

Hi,

I would try 1901 Post Oak Park Drive, Houston, TX. Really nice apartments. Not quite in the area your looking for but close enough.
I spent aroud 6 moths there and found it a good location.

What is your reason for wanting to be in that area? I spent 18 months in the clear lake and webster area and found that much more to my liking.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

gofish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wilba1234
Hi,

What is your reason for wanting to be in that area? I spent 18 months in the clear lake and webster area and found that much more to my liking.
I want to be close to city center due to work location and dont want to drive too much so looking for places in uptown. Inside I-610 (midtown) rents are high. Gessner rd area looks affordable and as per neighborhoodscouts.com seems to be safe with a good overview.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 8:55 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gofish
I want to be close to city center due to work location and dont want to drive too much so looking for places in uptown. Inside I-610 (midtown) rents are high. Gessner rd area looks affordable and as per neighborhoodscouts.com seems to be safe with a good overview.
Hate to burst a bubble, but if you don't want to drive too much, Houston isn't the best place to be...!

$850/month is on the low side for Houston. It's doable, but perhaps not in the best areas.

Where will you be working?