Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Renewing UK passports - which address?

Renewing UK passports - which address?

Old Jan 7th 2024, 4:03 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renewing UK passports - which address?

I am back in the UK but my husband and one son are still living in the US. We all need to renew our UK passports and I thought it would be easier if I sent all the applications together from the UK (rather than relying on couriers).

Question: Which address do I put for them in Section 2 of the application - their US addresses or my UK address?
If the former - can I put a note in Section 8 asking for the new passports to be sent to my UK address?
Or do I put my UK address in Section 2 and explain that they live at US addresses in Section 8?

NB: Last time we renewed, 10 years ago, I just put my UK address for everyone's applications, without any explanation. The passports were renewed without problem, but the notes now say that they 'check' addresses...

Another question: I have read conflicting information on whether copies of their US passports need to be included with the application. If so, does it have to be the entire passport or just the Bio page?

Thanks!
Old Jan 11th 2024, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing UK passports - which address?

Good question - I need to renew my son's and will come across the same doubt - watching.
I plan to get his sent to my Dad's UK address as I need to send some other docs by UPS anyway.

Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2024, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure on the address, but the last two UK passports I got (renewal for me, first one for daughter), they specifically asked for a copy of all pages of any foreign passports.
Old Jan 17th 2024, 11:38 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Use the address you wish the passports to be sent to in Section 2. You can add an explanation in Section 8 if you wish to. There are no ill consequences if you choose not to mention any foreign passports but you can send just the bio data pages if you do.
Old Feb 1st 2024, 6:28 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Use the address you wish the passports to be sent to in Section 2. You can add an explanation in Section 8 if you wish to. There are no ill consequences if you choose not to mention any foreign passports but you can send just the bio data pages if you do.
I only just saw this - thank you so much.

I really appreciate your expert help with so many questions!