Renewing UK passports

Renewing UK passports

Old Apr 19th 2003, 5:40 pm
Emm
BE Enthusiast

Emm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewing UK passports

Hi all,

I am moving to the US this summer with my family for my husbands job. We are planning on a minimum 2 year stay in the US with it open to renew after that period.

My children both have 5 year UK passports that will expire in 2005. Does anyone know how to get these renewed whilst living in the US?

Thanks.
Old Apr 19th 2003, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

You will need to contact the British embassy in D.C. - they can renew your children's passports. I've never done it as I've always renewed mine when I've been home for a holiday. You will just need to send it via Fedex I think and you should be able to downloads the renewal application forms from their web site.
Old Apr 19th 2003, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Just contact the Embassy in Washington- online or phone - and they'll send you out application forms to renew the passports. It only takes a couple of weeks to get new ones. brits abroad should register at the Embassy anyway- let them know where you are, should you ever need their help.
Old Apr 19th 2003, 11:44 pm
Emm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks to you both, now I know what I need to do.
Old Apr 20th 2003, 1:14 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

This site is really useful for Brits resident in the UK (or US citizens looking for information about the UK):

http://www.britain-info.org

In their consular section it has all the various British passport forms which you can print off, plus the accompanying notes. It also shows the address of the US Embassy in Washington DC where you will need to mail it (you can't send it into the various consulates in the US). I received my new passport within a week!

The FAQ section at the bottom of the page is well worth looking at too - especially as you will be pleased to discover that you don't need to have your signatures witnessed if you're sending an existing passport off when you have a straightforward renewal.

To print the passport application forms, notes and see the FAQ's:

http://www.britain-info.org/consular...5&Other_ID=205
Old Apr 20th 2003, 8:15 am
Emm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Englishmum
This site is really useful for Brits resident in the UK (or US citizens looking for information about the UK):

http://www.britain-info.org

In their consular section it has all the various British passport forms which you can print off, plus the accompanying notes. It also shows the address of the US Embassy in Washington DC where you will need to mail it (you can't send it into the various consulates in the US). I received my new passport within a week!

The FAQ section at the bottom of the page is well worth looking at too - especially as you will be pleased to discover that you don't need to have your signatures witnessed if you're sending an existing passport off when you have a straightforward renewal.

To print the passport application forms, notes and see the FAQ's:

http://www.britain-info.org/consular...5&Other_ID=205
Thanks Englishmum,

I just had a look at the site and it has everything I need.