Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Renewing UK Passport in US

Renewing UK Passport in US

Old Jan 11th 2013, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of
Default Renewing UK Passport in US

Quick question for those of you who have done this with the new centralized process (effective March 2012).

Section 1a on the form has an applicant delivery address. It then goes on to say that if you reside in a country where we shall be delivering directly to your address please ensure that you provide an address where there is someone available to sign for receipt of the passport and documentation.

Given that my husband and I both work full time I can't be in my house 24/7 waiting for my renewed passport to come. I presume it will be delivered by DHL or Fed Ex and that if I'm not there the first time they try, I will just go to the courier depot to sign and collect.

Thanks - know it's a dumb question, but need my passport for work and want to make sure that I'm without my passport for as short a timeframe as possible.

Lottie
Old Jan 11th 2013, 5:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing UK Passport in US

Originally Posted by Lottie
Quick question for those of you who have done this with the new centralized process (effective March 2012).

Section 1a on the form has an applicant delivery address. It then goes on to say that if you reside in a country where we shall be delivering directly to your address please ensure that you provide an address where there is someone available to sign for receipt of the passport and documentation.

Given that my husband and I both work full time I can't be in my house 24/7 waiting for my renewed passport to come. I presume it will be delivered by DHL or Fed Ex and that if I'm not there the first time they try, I will just go to the courier depot to sign and collect.

Thanks - know it's a dumb question, but need my passport for work and want to make sure that I'm without my passport for as short a timeframe as possible.

Lottie
You presume correctly.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

Thanks!!!
Old Jan 12th 2013, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

You could also have it delivered to your place of employment.