Reload this Page >

Renewing UK passport

Renewing UK passport

Old Dec 16th 2008, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

jewed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewing UK passport

Hi everyone,I'm a newbie so please forgive any site etiquette errors
I am so confused and frustrated trying to find the correct and current information re renewing a UK passport. I am a UK citizen,permanent resident in USA. My UK passport expires in Aug09,and I want to try to renew it by mail. Do I have to send it to the Washington DC address,or a passport office in the UK? And I cannot find anywhere on the web exactly how much the fee is,and how much the mailing fee for return postage is..? Any answers would be much appreciated.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 4:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing UK passport

Originally Posted by jewed
Hi everyone,I'm a newbie so please forgive any site etiquette errors
I am so confused and frustrated trying to find the correct and current information re renewing a UK passport. I am a UK citizen,permanent resident in USA. My UK passport expires in Aug09,and I want to try to renew it by mail. Do I have to send it to the Washington DC address,or a passport office in the UK? And I cannot find anywhere on the web exactly how much the fee is,and how much the mailing fee for return postage is..? Any answers would be much appreciated.
Welcome to BE.

Send it to DC. Download the forms and instructions from the Brit. Embassy website...the price is listed on there and includes return fees.

Any problems when filling out the form...try the search facility located in the pink bar at the top of the page. Go to advanced search...put in UK passport and search US forums. There are loads of threads on this subject.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

jewed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renewing UK passport

thanks! Unlike Bono,I *have* found what I was looking for