Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Renewing a U.K passport while living in Florida

Renewing a U.K passport while living in Florida

Old Aug 25th 2019, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Nikki_H25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewing a U.K passport while living in Florida

My young daughter needs to renew her passport.(Has 8 weeks on it) I believe I can do it online, and it takes 4 weeks and I need to send the original back to the U.K.
My main concern is that it has her visa in it, and we are currently going through the process of applying for our visa conditions to be removed to be allowed to stay permanently. Also she needs her photo signed, however it states that it has to be done by someone in the U.K, whilst we live in Florida.
Anyone gone through this process before ??
Old Aug 26th 2019, 12:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing a U.K passport while living in Florida

Originally Posted by Nikki_H25
My young daughter needs to renew her passport.(Has 8 weeks on it) I believe I can do it online, and it takes 4 weeks and I need to send the original back to the U.K.
My main concern is that it has her visa in it, and we are currently going through the process of applying for our visa conditions to be removed to be allowed to stay permanently. Also she needs her photo signed, however it states that it has to be done by someone in the U.K, whilst we live in Florida.
Anyone gone through this process before ??
They will send the old passport back to her with the visa still in it. As for the signature end of it, I don't have a clue but if you did a search using the search function above on the blue bar of this forum, you will see it is done by Brits here every week.
Old Aug 26th 2019, 12:53 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Two recent threads on both those topics:

Renewing UK Passport in USA - Couple Questions

Renewing British passport from overseas
Old Aug 26th 2019, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nikki_H25
Also she needs her photo signed, however it states that it has to be done by someone in the U.K, whilst we live in Florida.
This is absolutely not true. My daughter had a notary public with a US passport sign her British passport photos. See https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications
Old Aug 26th 2019, 2:42 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
This is absolutely not true. My daughter had a notary public with a US passport sign her British passport photos. See https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications

My vet has signed mine for years! The
OP’s pediatrician might be a good option.