Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

renewing passport and name change due to marriage

renewing passport and name change due to marriage

Old Jun 24th 2010, 4:42 am
Just Joined

Bubbajean is an unknown quantity at this point
Question renewing passport and name change due to marriage

I need to renew my UK passport, and have since gotten married. It is my first marriage, but my husband's second marriage. I saw a Declaration of Marriage Form but didn't know if it applied to me or not, since other areas of the Form notes do not mention that Declaration form. Anyone know if I need to fill that out or not?

thanks.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renewing passport and name change due to marriage

Originally Posted by Bubbajean
I saw a Declaration of Marriage Form but didn't know if it applied to me or not...
Over the years this has come up a couple of times. Some people send in a copy of their marriage certificate and are asked to then complete the Declaration form. Others don't send in their marriage certificate but are still asked to complete the Declaration.

My guess - it doesn't apply to you... however, to be safe, send both the Declaration and a copy of your marriage certificate! Doesn't hurt to cover all the bases!

Ian