Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Renewing Expired Pp.... Major Appearance Change...

Renewing Expired Pp.... Major Appearance Change...

Old Aug 24th 2006, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

humble is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewing Expired Pp.... Major Appearance Change...

my UK passport was issued to me when i was 16 years old.... a fat kid with a big nose....

its 12 years later.. im 28 years old, and the passport has been expired for 2 years now.
i sent my application along with my expired passport and 2 new photos (one of which was countersigned).

but im now a skinny fit kid with a smaller nose (the power of plastic surgery should NEVER be underestimated )

anyhow, it would be REALLY difficult to tell its the same person unless you REALLY REALLY have a good eye...

REALISTICALLY should i expect any delays?

have there been situations when the UK embassy in washington demanded for further documentation to proove identity such as a birth certificate or another passport????

i have a job interview in the UK at the end of september.. about 5 weeks from now.. so that hopefully will be plenty of time for the embassy.. i hope!

Last edited by humble; Aug 24th 2006 at 12:56 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 12:51 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing Expired Pp.... Major Appearance Change...

Originally Posted by humble
my UK passport was issued to me when i was 16 years old.... a fat kid with a big nose....

its 12 years later.. im 28 years old, and the passport has been expired for 2 years now.
i sent my application along with my expired passport and 2 new photos (one of which was countersigned).

but im now a skinny fit kid with a smaller nose (the power of plastic surgery should NEVER be underestimated )

anyhow, it would be REALLY difficult to tell its the same person unless you REALLY REALLY have a good eye...

REALISTICALLY should i expect any delays?

have there been situations when the UK embassy in washington demanded for further documentation to proove identity such as a birth certificate or another passport????

Dunno. But what's the rush - seeing that you waited 2 years to renew - I'm sure they'll let ya know!
Old Aug 24th 2006, 12:58 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Simon Weston had to renew his passport, so I am sure you'll be ok.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 12:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Dunno. But what's the rush - seeing that you waited 2 years to renew - I'm sure they'll let ya know!

That's what I was thinking. Why would they ask for another passport...its not something that most people have?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manc
Simon Weston had to renew his passport, so I am sure you'll be ok.

i bet most people have no idea who that is.... a true hero in my book!!!

heres a link to some info about him:

http://www.the-asc.org.uk/Members/me...hive_64_01.htm
Old Aug 24th 2006, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That's what I was thinking. Why would they ask for another passport...its not something that most people have?

well..

i figured that since im a U.S citizen and a U.K citizen, they may ask for another passport for identification purposes.

im new to this board, but i see some of you have been around here for years....

have you seen a case where further documentation was needed to proove identity?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 1:10 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

im new to this board,
welcome!
Old Aug 24th 2006, 1:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

i bet most people have no idea who that is.... a true hero in my book!!!

heres a link to some info about him:

http://www.the-asc.org.uk/Members/me...hive_64_01.htm
I do.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

by the way, are all UK passports issued nowadays biometric?
id love to have one of those
Old Aug 24th 2006, 1:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 2:15 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Not , this one:

Just remember to keep it covered with tin foil.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Not , this one:

Just remember to keep it covered with tin foil.
do you really think somebody can scan your information from a distance???

also, i think its great that your identity is more secured.. especially with the threat of terrorism.

the only downside is the govt being able to literally track you down to within 20 meters.. or at least thats what i heard... the chip inside the passport can be used to track you via a complex GPS.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 2:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

do you really think somebody can scan your information from a distance???

also, i think its great that your identity is more secured.. especially with the threat of terrorism.

the only downside is the govt being able to literally track you down to within 20 meters.. or at least thats what i heard... the chip inside the passport can be used to track you via a complex GPS.

Personally I couldn't care less whether I am tracked, videoed etc as long as me and mine are safe.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Personally I couldn't care less whether I am tracked, videoed etc as long as me and mine are safe.
neither do it...

but i dont like the idea of total govt control over the individual.. and such tracking, as a small example, is classic 'invasion of privacy'.

we are no longer in 'privacy'.. and thats a damn shame!

Last edited by humble; Aug 24th 2006 at 2:49 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 2:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

neither do it...

but i dont like the idea of total govt control over the individual.. and such tracking, as a small example, is classic 'invasion of privacy'.

we are no longer in 'privacy'.. and thats a damn shame!
Like I said I really couldn't give a rat's ass....just my opinion though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.