Reload this Page >

Renewing British Passport in USA

Renewing British Passport in USA

Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Angelangels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewing British Passport in USA

Hello!
I am a current 10 year green card holder (k1 marriage based), and need to get my British Passport renewed here in the States, I have the form to renew it and send off to Washington D.C, my question may sound stupid lol

Do I put my married name and adress here in the states on form for renewal? I ask because the form is prepared for Britains in UK, also can I send photocopy of marriage and birth cert? will that be okay?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:25 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing British Passport in USA

Originally Posted by Angelangels
Hello!
I am a current 10 year green card holder (k1 marriage based), and need to get my British Passport renewed here in the States, I have the form to renew it and send off to Washington D.C, my question may sound stupid lol

Do I put my married name and adress here in the states on form for renewal? I ask because the form is prepared for Britains in UK, also can I send photocopy of marriage and birth cert? will that be okay?

Thanks!!
Do you have the correct form? I can't see anywhere that relates to it being for people in the UK: http://www.britainusa.com/consular/C1Form04.pdf
Old Jun 10th 2008, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

Angelangels is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, thats the one I have, its basically geared towards British People living in Britain who file, I am just on overdrive from USA Immigration forms lol, that even the simplest form I tend to make harder for myself!

I take it what I wrote originally is correct?
Old Jun 10th 2008, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do I put my married name and adress here in the states on form for renewal?
Yes! Use whatever name and address you usually use.

I ask because the form is prepared for Britains in UK...
The form serves *all* UKCs regardless of where they live.

... also can I send photocopy of marriage and birth cert?
I can't remember 100% (I renewed my UK passport last year), but I think you need to send originals... they will be returned.

Ian
Old Jun 11th 2008, 1:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

I can't remember 100% (I renewed my UK passport last year), but I think you need to send originals... they will be returned.

Ian
yeah, but all you need is the old expired passport, you only need extra crap if you've lost your passport or it's a first time passport for kids like...
Old Jun 11th 2008, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Renewing British Passport in USA

Hello!

Thanks!!
The form you will need is called a C1. You can download it www.britainusa.com. If your old passport is in your maiden name and you want you new passport to be in your married name, read the instructions at www.britainusa.com for amending the name on a passport. The site also tells you which documents you will need to submit for this, copies are not permitted though.

Dean
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

RJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really nice

Hello,

I am also trying to renew my passport. I'm trying to print a C-1 from the internet but my printer is taking all the little yellow arrows out which are telling me where to go next and the signature box etc etc.

Will they take the C-1 in I printed off in just black and white with yellowish background / signature box/ arrows on it ??

Is there anywhere I can get an original form in the next week to ten days ?

Last edited by RJHayes000; Jul 18th 2008 at 12:55 am.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:31 am
Just Joined

codface is an unknown quantity at this point

if you go into officemax they will print 2 copies of the form out for you in color for well under a dollar... you can either direct them to the website, or save the form on a usb key and take it into the store... thats what i did, very easy...

to renew the passport i just sent - my old passport + the form + photos + credit card authorisation.

the whole thing was a lot quicker than i expected, i was in no hurry but it took less than 10 days - this was in may 2008
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

cranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nice

Originally Posted by RJHayes000
Hello,

I am also trying to renew my passport. I'm trying to print a C-1 from the internet but my printer is taking all the little yellow arrows out which are telling me where to go next and the signature box etc etc.

Will they take the C-1 in I printed off in just black and white with yellowish background / signature box/ arrows on it ??

Is there anywhere I can get an original form in the next week to ten days ?
They should accept the form in Black and White, not everyone has a colour printer. If though you prefer an original form then give your local consulate a call and they will send you one. I see that you are in SC, so yours is the Consulate General in Atlanta, GA.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Yes... did mine last year exactly like that! No problems at all.

Ian
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

RJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really nice

Furthermore -

Do I need my US Doctor's Passport Number ?

He very kindly filled in the countersignature part and did the back of the photos, but did not know his US Passport numer off the top of his head - let's face it, who does ? BUT, do I need to call back and harass him for it, or does it not really matter, especially as the space seems to pertain to a UK passport number anyway ?
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

More Questions ...

Section 1b - Were you naturalised or registered as a British subject, citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies, British citizen, British Dependent/Overseas Territories citizen, British Overseas citizen or British
protected person?

I was born in England and my father registered my birth to get my Birth Certificate. Up until about 5 years ago, I had always lived there.

So that would be yes, then ?
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 1:02 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

More Questions ...

Section 1b - Were you naturalised or registered as a British subject, citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies, British citizen, British Dependent/Overseas Territories citizen, British Overseas citizen or British
protected person?

I was born in England and my father registered my birth to get my Birth Certificate. Up until about 5 years ago, I had always lived there.

So that would be yes, then ?
"Registration" in this context means a specific application for British citizenship to the Home Office, a Crown Dependency Government, or (in limited instances) the Foreign Office.

It does not refer to consular birth registration of those automatically British citizens by descent, nor the standard birth registration that goes on in the U.K.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, so I think I have all my questions answered. I don't have my DOctor's US passport #, but that should be ok, right ?

All I have to do now is get a Money order and send the thing off UPS style.

Before I do, am I missing anything else ?
Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so I think I have all my questions answered. I don't have my DOctor's US passport #, but that should be ok, right ?

All I have to do now is get a Money order and send the thing off UPS style.

Before I do, am I missing anything else ?
can pay with a credit card if you prefer, there's a form to fill out...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.