Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Renewing British Passport?

Renewing British Passport?

Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:03 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing British Passport?

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Well it's gone sent the passport this afternoon missed the over night pick up so it goes tomorrow, sent it from the PO.

So now I have no passport and no green card I feel a bit lost wonder which one will come back 1st
Why did you send the green card
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:16 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Why did you send the green card
Oh Ray keep up young man....My GC is back at the Cali service center with the wrong name on I didn't send it with my passport, its been gone neally 3 months lol
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:21 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Ray keep up young man....My GC is back at the Cali service center with the wrong name on I didn't send it with my passport, its been gone neally 3 months lol
Hey ..I am a senile OAP ...I can't remember everything

I though they required a copy of the GC with the application ..
perhaps just for a renewal
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:23 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Hey ..I am a senile OAP ...I can't remember everything

I though they required a copy of the GC with the application ..
perhaps just for a renewal
Nope there is no mention of that anywhere, but be sure if its wrong I will post the outcome.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's gone sent the passport this afternoon missed the over night pick up so it goes tomorrow, sent it from the PO.

So now I have no passport and no green card I feel a bit lost wonder which one will come back 1st
I understand how you feel Pops...what happens if you get that emergency call from back home? Don't worry the odds are on your side and you'll get your PP back before the end of the month.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:27 am
Ray

Nope there is no mention of that anywhere, but be sure if its wrong I will post the outcome.
Ah !!! right ..that was for for lost or stolen passports
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I understand how you feel Pops...what happens if you get that emergency call from back home? Don't worry the odds are on your side and you'll get your PP back before the end of the month.
It was a risk I decided to take as the GC could be months yet,I sent a brief letter with the paperwork explaining that my mother was alone and elderly and I would appreciate a quick turn around incase I had to leave the US in an emergency.

You know that call could come this week,this year next year or in 20 years, but I will feel better when I have it in my hands or at least know they have recieved it that way they can always get it to me ASAP if need be.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:23 pm

British Embassy passport office just called me

To verify that I did not want my middle name on my passport because it was on the C1 form application and my divorce and marriage certificate, but not on the old passport....so I said "will it make a difference" and he said that even if my GC has the middle name on, no, just make sure when I book flights etc not to include the middle name to save confussion either way not a problem as all the details are encrypted in the passport anyway.

But if any of you do send your passport as we talked about, and want your middle name added to a new passport that was not there previously then you need to send a Birth Certificate.

He said it would be with me within 7 days but he had the tracking number already so it must be good to go I guess, either way its done..

Last edited by Poppy girl; Apr 16th 2008 at 7:42 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

British Embassy passport office just called me

To verify that I did not want my middle name on my passport because it was on the C1 form application and my divorce and marriage certificate, but not on the old passport....so I said "will it make a difference" and he said that even if my GC has the middle name on, no, just make sure when I book flights etc not to include the middle name to save confussion either way not a problem as all the details are encrypted in the passport anyway.

But if any of you do send your passport as we talked about, and want your middle name added to a new passport that was not there previously then you need to send a Birth Certificate.

He send it would be with me within 7 days but he had the tracking number already so it must be good to go I guess, either way its done..
Good news.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Good news.
Make's a change hey that was quick they only recieved it a week ago today.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

Make's a change hey that was quick they only recieved it a week ago today.
So did you end up getting the form and the pictures countersigned? I am just about to send mine off, and hate the fact that everywhere on the form and the instructions it says it must be countersigned. You have to go to the FAQ on the embassy site to find any mention that you may not need to do this if its a renewal - doesn't seem too clear - especially as the FAQ are quite old.

Last edited by Longy; Apr 16th 2008 at 7:58 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Longy
So did you end up getting the form and the pictures countersigned? I am just about to send mine off, and hate the fact that everywhere on the form and the instructions it says it must be countersigned. You have to go to the FAQ on the embassy site to find any mention that you may not need to do this if its a renewal - doesn't seem too clear - especially as the FAQ are quite old.
I did get them countersigned because I thought better to then not. (both the photos and the form)

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/a...=41001&a=25312
Yes I see what you mean answer 14.

Just get it done mine was done by a notary public.

There is also a online form you can print for them to take the payment I used that service as I was not sure how much they wanted.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

I did get them countersigned because I thought better to then not. (both the photos and the form)

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/a...=41001&a=25312
Yes I see what you mean answer 14.

Just get it done mine was done by a notary public.

There is also a online form you can print for them to take the payment I used that service as I was not sure how much they wanted.
It does say somewhere that notary public is not acceptable as a countersignatory.

Thats another problem at the moment, I am about to move so probably need to wait as depending on when they take the payment my address may be different. I don't want to spend money on a cashiers check either - that I just object to.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Longy
It does say somewhere that notary public is not acceptable as a countersignatory.

Thats another problem at the moment, I am about to move so probably need to wait as depending on when they take the payment my address may be different. I don't want to spend money on a cashiers check either - that I just object to.
Well it seemed after a few calls that a notary is acceptable by the British Embassy if its filed in the US but not the UK office.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Well it seemed after a few calls that a notary is acceptable by the British Embassy if its filed in the US but not the UK office.
OK, cool, I think I know someone who can do that then, thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.