Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Renewing British Passport?

Renewing British Passport?

Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:07 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing British Passport?

I went to a little local photo place and took in the instructions for the photo size....she took normal ones and cut them down for me
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

ukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Juswus
I went to a little local photo place and took in the instructions for the photo size....she took normal ones and cut them down for me
I'm in the same position. Someone mentioned AAA to me as a place to get them, I have yet to call.

I do have a related question. I going to renew my British passport and then I also have to apply for US passports for my kids and get one for me also.

I'm a American Citizen as well.

I was told when travelling to England to use my British passport and then coming back use my USA passport, as it's much easier. Is that a load of BS or is it true ?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:33 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukelaine
I was told when travelling to England to use my British passport and then coming back use my USA passport, as it's much easier. Is that a load of BS or is it true ?
That is the correct method
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

ukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Juswus
I just called AAA and they do it for members 2 for $8, but, they also only do 2x2"

Are the passport office very picky about the EXACT size for the photo's ?
I could just cut them down, not sure how Straight they may be

Has anyone had a problem with cut down photo's ?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Now I'm looking at my form again (keep putting it off) and now my head is spinning

Note 12 Documents to be produced - "Documents are not normally needed if you are surrendering a recently expired passport etc etc.

Which refers to birth certificate, which is great, I don't have to go looking for that, BUT, what determines RECENT ??

It doesn't ask when mine expired and then say OK no documents needed.

Mine expired 2006 am I good to go ??

I HATE FORMS !! LOL
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:00 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukelaine
Mine expired 2006 am I good to go ??

I HATE FORMS !! LOL
That is not recent ...
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mumof4
I need to renew my son's UK passport. Does anyone have any advice for getting a countersignatory when we've only been here (the USA) less than a year? I see it says they don't have to be British, but they do have to have known you for 2 years....any ideas? Also does anyone know if it's a renewal you just send in the old passport, nothing else, right?
thanks
I also have to renew my son's, it has his birth photo in it and he turns 5 this month After reading the forms I think I'm sending in his current UK passport (which expires in May) and his consular birth certificate along with the photos and fee. Although I have just read this and am wondering if I even have to send his birth certificate, any ideas anyone?

Note 9 – Documents to be produced
Photocopies of birth, marriage or naturalisation
certificates or registration documents are NOT
acceptable for passport purposes.
The following page shows which documents you should
produce with the application. Please study it carefully and
make sure that you submit the right documents. Documents
are not normally needed if you are surrendering the child’s
recently expired, unrestricted previous British passport
showing the national status as British citizen, British
Dependent/Overseas Territories citizen, British Overseas
citizen, British subject or British protected person and all
other details are the same.

Note 10 – How to submit your application
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

mumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=denzil75;6144910]I also have to renew my son's, it has his birth photo in it and he turns 5 this month After reading the forms I think I'm sending in his current UK passport (which expires in May) and his consular birth certificate along with the photos and fee. Although I have just read this and am wondering if I even have to send his birth certificate, any ideas anyone?

I'm in the same boat, I'm not sending in his birth cert or consular thingy, just his UK passport which expires in May. I've just ordered photos thru' epassportphoto.com for $4.99
I think we need a different job to keep renewing all these passports!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

[QUOTE=mumof4;6145752]
Originally Posted by denzil75
I also have to renew my son's, it has his birth photo in it and he turns 5 this month After reading the forms I think I'm sending in his current UK passport (which expires in May) and his consular birth certificate along with the photos and fee. Although I have just read this and am wondering if I even have to send his birth certificate, any ideas anyone?

I'm in the same boat, I'm not sending in his birth cert or consular thingy, just his UK passport which expires in May. I've just ordered photos thru' epassportphoto.com for $4.99
I think we need a different job to keep renewing all these passports!!
I'll do the same and I'll take a look at the photo link. We are looking at moving back to the UK in a few years, I've told hubby we have to be back before 2012 that's when mine and my other son's expire, it'll cost us a small fortune renewing them over here!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

You do not need to send in birth certs. if you are surrendering a passport that has just expired or about to expire. They will return your old passports to you with the corner cut off...need to carry these with you along with your new passport when travelling abroad if they have your US visa in them....clear as mud huh ?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

ok i'm going to sound like a real newbie here but I can't find form C1 in a pdf that I can fill out on my pc. Also I'm in Michigan where do I file the C1 to Washington or Chicago ?

TIA
Jan
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:14 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
ok i'm going to sound like a real newbie here but I can't find form C1 in a pdf that I can fill out on my pc. Also I'm in Michigan where do I file the C1 to Washington or Chicago ?

TIA
Jan

http://www.britainusa.com/consular/c1form04.pdf

its just a print out Job .. though
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Right ... so i'm trying to get my name changed on my UK passport, do I reallly have to send them ALL previous marriage and divorce certs or just my last divorce cert and marriage cert ? Now I sound mad ... i've been married and divorced twice before hence the question.
Also ... countersig .. what the heck ? i dont do church , not currently seeing a doctor, not in any professional groups ... where are they expecting me to majic a signature from ?

This is turning into a debacle, apart from the form being as clear as mud i'm beginning to think that its easier to carry my birth , marriage, divorce certs with me and hope for the best

Jan
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:18 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Right ... so i'm trying to get my name changed on my UK passport, do I reallly have to send them ALL previous marriage and divorce certs or just my last divorce cert and marriage cert ? Now I sound mad ... i've been married and divorced twice before hence the question.
Also ... countersig .. what the heck ? i dont do church , not currently seeing a doctor, not in any professional groups ... where are they expecting me to majic a signature from ?

This is turning into a debacle, apart from the form being as clear as mud i'm beginning to think that its easier to carry my birth , marriage, divorce certs with me and hope for the best

Jan
Tell me about it!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526425

Photos Walgreens do them.

Sending mine tomorrow with:

Divorce papers original
Old passport.
Original marriage cert.
2 passport photos unsigned.

Last edited by Poppy girl; Apr 6th 2008 at 6:20 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:20 pm
Ray

Jan
Did you read the instructions
http://www.britainusa.com/consular/c1notes04.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.