Reload this Page >

Renewal Passport help!

Renewal Passport help!

Old Aug 10th 2009, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

gatorbite35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewal Passport help!

Hi,

I'm residing in the US and currently filling out an application for a lost/renewal passport. Ive filled out all the forms with out any problems, but im not sure about one thing. Do I need to send out my original documents to the embassy (my parents british naturalisation papers and my birth certificate) along with my forms. The reason I ask is because on this site it says i don't because i was born after 83 and im not a first time applicant.:http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/passpor...port-documents

However, in the C1 notes (found here:http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/passports/passport-forms) it doesn't mention anything about first time applicants (Note 11 and page 3 of C1 notes). It seems like everyone has to send in there documents.

I'm 22 and this is my first time filling out a renewal form(over the age of 16), but my parents have renewed my passports before.

Also, can I use my sister-in-law for a countersignature? She's a teacher and ive known her for 6 years but again she's my sister-in-law.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance

Last edited by gatorbite35; Aug 10th 2009 at 8:00 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Renewal Passport help!

Is there anybody that can help me?
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Since this is obviously not a US passport inquiry, I have moved you out of the US immigration forums. Perhaps someone here might know the answer to your question.

BTW since you already have a passport why do you consider it your first time renewing it if it had been renewed previously.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Since this is obviously not a US passport inquiry, I have moved you out of the US immigration forums. Perhaps someone here might know the answer to your question.

BTW since you already have a passport why do you consider it your first time renewing it if it had been renewed previously.
I don't consider it my first time renewing my British passport. It's my first time renewing it after the age of 16. Also, thank you for moving my thread to a better place.

Hope someone can help me!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Crap, this reminds me. Mine expires August 30th. Thanks!

*sets up appointment with consulate in Houston*
Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gatorbite35
Hi,

I'm residing in the US and currently filling out an application for a lost/renewal passport. Ive filled out all the forms with out any problems, but im not sure about one thing. Do I need to send out my original documents to the embassy (my parents british naturalisation papers and my birth certificate) along with my forms. The reason I ask is because on this site it says i don't because i was born after 83 and im not a first time applicant.:http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/passpor...port-documents

However, in the C1 notes (found here:http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/passports/passport-forms) it doesn't mention anything about first time applicants (Note 11 and page 3 of C1 notes). It seems like everyone has to send in there documents.

I'm 22 and this is my first time filling out a renewal form(over the age of 16), but my parents have renewed my passports before.

Also, can I use my sister-in-law for a countersignature? She's a teacher and ive known her for 6 years but again she's my sister-in-law.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Anybody?