Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Renaissance festival (MD,VA,DC)

Renaissance festival (MD,VA,DC)

Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:45 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renaissance festival (MD,VA,DC)

For anyone who lives in the area I have heard lots of good things about this festival, a set up of 16th Century England, and they even serve fish and chips!!! I believe it started this past week-end, we are going to give it a try this coming week-end.
www.rennfest.com
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:14 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Renaissance festival (MD,VA,DC)

Originally Posted by robskatie
For anyone who lives in the area I have heard lots of good things about this festival, a set up of 16th Century England, and they even serve fish and chips!!! I believe it started this past week-end, we are going to give it a try this coming week-end.
www.rennfest.com

I wonder if Guinevere will be there, selling her chainmail.....
Old Aug 30th 2005, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Beer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Renaissance festival (MD,VA,DC)

I have been there before and had a very good time.
They even have real jousting and such.
My favorite part was the fried pickles!
Oh....and the beer.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

MiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond repute

there is something similar in MA too http://www.kingrichardsfaire.net/
hubby wants to go and Im running out of excuses!!! might be a laff I suppose!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:12 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

We went there Sunday. It's a fantastic day out, (and we'll probably go several times more yet before it ends as it's so close)!

Didn't get to it last year due to me being heavily pregnant then the lil man arriving, (I would never have fitted into me costume)! Went to it the year before though.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

bradfordplip is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been to this a couple of times in Michigan - it is a big day out for my fiance and her family! Well, the first time I went, my jaw could have dropped! Started out with lots of performers trying to talk in an English accent (so mine went down well as a proper one!). They have lots of english food, and beer (warm!), a jousting contest (where the British jouster always wins) and best of all, Ded Bob. If you haven't seen Ded Bob when you go to one of these fairs, you must!!!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

pdamiant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robskatie
www.rennfest.com
I am in Baltimore, I was there last year, don't get your hopes up on the fish and chips, they think if they serve anything in a newspaper its good ole fish and chips, its not 16th century England, its 16th century Europe, there is traditional jousting between countries, (I think we beat the Spanish when I was there)
It is a good day out but its expensive, check out the market stalls, I met a few brits who were working on them. One thing I did find though was good old English cider, just like at home.

Are you anywhere near Baltimore???????????
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:18 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

There is one in Pennsyvania.

http://www.parenaissancefaire.com/
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:00 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

We went to Scarborough Fair here in Texas last year with the kids, and it was surprisingly fun. Really very fun indeed!

...but utterly, absurdly silly. Never have I seen so many overweight Xena The Warrior Princesses, or fat-and-balding Bravehearts. And as for all the large hairy Texans wearing tartan gym skirts and claiming they were kilts....

Last edited by dbj1000; Aug 31st 2005 at 12:04 am.