Removals

Old Sep 16th 2011, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

RayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud of
Default Removals

I've arranged my removal with Doree Bonner. Their shipping company (Contour US) show that my stuff will arrive in the US on Sept 28th. Anyone have any idea how long it takes to clear customs and make it's way to me?
Old Sep 16th 2011, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removals

I used Doree Bonner and it took a full 13 weeks from pick up at our home in the UK until we actually took receipt of our stuff here in CT. Ours was held up at customs for quite a while, over 2 weeks if I recall and they charged us an extra $400 or so for the privilege. But I have to say, the guys at this end were very professional, thorough and organised and put together anything that you wanted ie our large bed etc. Just make sure you check your stuff, our dining room table was damaged, and we had to put in a claim, but apart from that, we were just so glad to see all our things again!! Good luck with everything again, I'm sure it'll all go smoothly
Old Sep 16th 2011, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RayM
I've arranged my removal with Doree Bonner. Their shipping company (Contour US) show that my stuff will arrive in the US on Sept 28th. Anyone have any idea how long it takes to clear customs and make it's way to me?
We are using GB Liners, they said it will take approximately 2 weeks to clear customs, Although we are storing the things in this country first till we know exactly where we will be living!
Old Sep 16th 2011, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

RayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud of

Sounds like it could be a while then. I've been warned that I will have to pay a customs inspection fee and if they open the trunks I may have to pay a re-packing fee. I think they said those could come to over $1,000.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Ours said 6-8wks altogether.... will have to wait and see

We were given a list of ways to avoid addition charges at customs, must of the removal companies we had come round gave us a list.