Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Removal of conditions in less than 3 months!!!

Removal of conditions in less than 3 months!!!

Old Oct 1st 2005, 6:32 pm
Banned

Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold
Default Removal of conditions in less than 3 months!!!

Got home from walking the dog and what do you know a letter from the NCIS telling my conditions have been removed!! Took less than 3 months from the day I sent it off, I was going through the NSC and even on the website it tells me that they are processing cases with an NOA of April 1st 2005 and my NOA was July 7th 2005.

So I went to make in Infopass appointment in Chicago and it said there were none!! WTF, is it because it is a Satuday? Anyone had any experience of this?

Question: I am heading back to the UK in the end of November so I guess I should get a I-551 stamp just in case my card has not arrived by then, do I need to make a seperate appointment for this on the same day I head there with my pictures or just to make one appointment to cover both??
Old Oct 1st 2005, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removal of conditions in less than 3 months!!!

I called the service center in late Aug and they told me they were processing Aug 04... we had submitted the paper work for the revoal in Jan so I thought I was gonna be in for a wait. I received the letter saying I had been approved a week later (also from the NSC) I was able to make an appointment right away (for a week and a half later) this was not a weekend day tho.

So Sept 12th hubby and I treked off to Detroit 3 hour drive each way to give 2 finger prints, 2 signitures and hand over 3 photos... (they have an office in Grand Rapids but couldn't do that there ) They also took my green card and stamped my passport there and then.

They told me to expect upto a 12 month wait on the new card (last time they told me 6-8 months and I received it in just over 2 weeks).

Ash

Last edited by Ash UK/US; Oct 1st 2005 at 7:49 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 7:33 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Ash, how long did it take you from filing the I-751 to the notice of approval?
Old Oct 1st 2005, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Ash, how long did it take you from filing the I-751 to the notice of approval?
I sent off the I-751 and a shit load of evidence on Jan 17th 05 received the approval letter something like Aug 24th 05 went down to the INS office Sept 12th 05.

The whole thing is extremly straight forward, I am not sure why they can't just do it in the regional offices

Ash
Old Oct 1st 2005, 9:08 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
I sent off the I-751 and a shit load of evidence on Jan 17th 05 received the approval letter something like Aug 24th 05 went down to the INS office Sept 12th 05.

The whole thing is extremly straight forward, I am not sure why they can't just do it in the regional offices

Ash
I filed my I751 in Feb 04.......didn't get approval until Aug 05.
took forever......
I live 2 hours further north of Detroit than you, I'm gutted it cannot be done in GR.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
They told me to expect upto a 12 month wait on the new card (last time they told me 6-8 months and I received it in just over 2 weeks).

Ash
Ash they told me 12 months too ..... my card arrived in 21 days so watch out for the mailie !!

Jan

oh p.s. even further away from Detroit and somehow the local post office here in Harbor Springs managed to f#@! up my sons photos so have to trek all the way back to Detroit just to give them the new photos ... Grrrrr !
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

took forever......
I live 2 hours further north of Detroit than you, I'm gutted it cannot be done in GR.
WOW!!! I wonder how come such the long wait ?

I know what you mean about the GR office...I could have understood if they needed to interview etc but it was so simple and routine... I hate Detroit too and the INS office is not exactly in the bect part of town either so I had hubby take the day off to take me down.

Have you already been down to hand your pics etc in yet?

Ash
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
Ash they told me 12 months too ..... my card arrived in 21 days so watch out for the mailie !!

Jan

oh p.s. even further away from Detroit and somehow the local post office here in Harbor Springs managed to f#@! up my sons photos so have to trek all the way back to Detroit just to give them the new photos ... Grrrrr !
Oh I know what you mean... like I said when I was there about my conditional green card they told me 6 to 8 months it arrived in just over 2 weeks.

I would have been pissed about having to go all the way back down just to drop off pics... haven't they heard of USPS, UPS or Fed Ex?

Ash
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 3:23 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

took forever......
That kinda sucks a bit.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 3:43 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Terrier
Question: I am heading back to the UK in the end of November so I guess I should get a I-551 stamp just in case my card has not arrived by then, do I need to make a seperate appointment for this on the same day I head there with my pictures or just to make one appointment to cover both??
Nobody answered the question I think
Try early morning and late night to make the infopass appointment
One appointment will do for both ..
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 3:46 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Nobody answered the question I think
Try early morning and late night to make the infopass appointment
One appointment will do for both ..
Ray, I must admit to being a little intrigued - how come you know so much about immigration? Did you used to work for them or something? Or is it just a hobby of yours?

Forgive me for being nosy and feel free not to answer!
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 3:50 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Ray, I must admit to being a little intrigued - how come you know so much about immigration? Did you used to work for them or something? Or is it just a hobby of yours?

Something to do with the USCIS and bounty hunting. The pay is crap but he does get to try out all the new toys before buying them.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 3:53 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately due to my previous life.. I cannot reveal my Citizenship,
or any details of my past .. But if you phone me ..ask for Fifi...
The world domination over rodents is my hobby..
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 4:01 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Unfortunately due to my previous life.. I cannot reveal my Citizenship,
or any details of my past .. But if you phone me ..ask for Fifi...
The world domination over rodents is my hobby..
ARGH!!! I should have known a straight answer would be out of the question.

So, reading between the lines. You used to work at the Moulin Rouge, had legs up to your armpits but were once savaged by a particularly nasty French beaver in a very private place, giving you a lifelong rodent phobia. Out of sheer embarassment you were forced to hide your identity through a sex change and an international move (which was of course much easier pre-1st world war than it is today) and have since made your living doing pest control in rural Florida.

THIS DOESN'T EXPLAIN HOW COME YOU KNOW SO DAMN MUCH! Or is it just because you've been around for so long?

P.S. Your country of birth is no secret - you've mentioned it yourself on this site in the past!

P.P.S. No smileys so you can tell I'm being totally serious

P.P.P.S
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 4:09 am
Ray

THIS DOESN'T EXPLAIN HOW COME YOU KNOW SO DAMN MUCH! Or is it just because you've been around for so long?
I think that sounds about right
P.S. Your country of birth is no secret - you've mentioned it yourself on this site in the past!
Your right I have stated my citizenship on here many time 27 times in all ..all different of course... Tanganyika was the best one ..got a lot of response to that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.