British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   removal of conditional status approved questions... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/removal-conditional-status-approved-questions-316250/)

somersetfolks Jul 26th 2005 10:52 pm

removal of conditional status approved questions...

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your thoughts. A lot has changed since we last had to deal with the INS or should I say the USCIS.

-2 year GC expired - received the one year extension, no problems
-Received the I-797C Notice of Action that states conditional basis removed and now deemed to be a lawful permanent resident.

It says to appear in person in Atlanta. Bring photographs, various notices, expired greencard, 3 photos and the correct funds to pay.

I guess my biggest question is can we just show up and take care of everything since the I-797C does not say anything about using INFOPASS to make an appointment. Or should we just make the appointment. And do they put the passport endorsement in the passport then and there, or is there a fee for that as well?

Are there any more interviews or is any more evidence of support needed?

Think that's it! Thanks!

mdyoung Jul 27th 2005 1:37 am

Re: removal of conditional status approved questions...

Originally Posted by somersetfolks
Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your thoughts. A lot has changed since we last had to deal with the INS or should I say the USCIS.

-2 year GC expired - received the one year extension, no problems
-Received the I-797C Notice of Action that states conditional basis removed and now deemed to be a lawful permanent resident.

It says to appear in person in Atlanta. Bring photographs, various notices, expired greencard, 3 photos and the correct funds to pay.

I guess my biggest question is can we just show up and take care of everything since the I-797C does not say anything about using INFOPASS to make an appointment. Or should we just make the appointment. And do they put the passport endorsement in the passport then and there, or is there a fee for that as well?

Are there any more interviews or is any more evidence of support needed?

The Atlanta office might work different, but my wife and daughter made an INFOPASS appointment with the Baltimore office after they received the removal of conditions approval letters. They took the notices, 3 photos (they only took 2 of them), passports and expired I-551 cards. There was no fee paid or interview. Just went to the counter at their scheduled time, the officer looked at the notices. Took the photos and expired I-551 card. The officer completed some form and attached the photos, stamped their passports with I-551 stamps and we were on our way.

The strange thing is wife received 10 year card 2 months later, but daughter's card didn't arrive until 3 months after that. Why it took 5 months to make a card and 3 months longer when both applied at the same time beats the hell out of me.

somersetfolks Jul 27th 2005 1:59 am

Originally Posted by mdyoung
The Atlanta office might work different, but my wife and daughter made an INFOPASS appointment with the Baltimore office after they received the removal of conditions approval letters. They took the notices, 3 photos (they only took 2 of them), passports and expired I-551 cards. There was no fee paid or interview. Just went to the counter at their scheduled time, the officer looked at the notices. Took the photos and expired I-551 card. The officer completed some form and attached the photos, stamped their passports with I-551 stamps and we were on our way.

The strange thing is wife received 10 year card 2 months later, but daughter's card didn't arrive until 3 months after that. Why it took 5 months to make a card and 3 months longer when both applied at the same time beats the hell out of me.

Thanks for the information. Really seems pretty cut and dry, and no fees? And considering they all really should follow the same protocal it looks like it will be a pretty simple process. We'll let you know as we have the appointment on the 5th of August.

mdyoung Jul 27th 2005 2:16 am

Originally Posted by somersetfolks
Thanks for the information. Really seems pretty cut and dry, and no fees?

You already paid when you submitted the I-751, so this is just the completion of that process.

Ray Jul 27th 2005 3:13 am

And don't forget the photos must to be the new spec (full frontal) not the side view as before ...

somersetfolks Jul 27th 2005 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Ray
And don't forget the photos must to be the new spec (full frontal) not the side view as before ...

Thanks Ray! Just downloaded the pdf file to show the guy who will take the piccies.