Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

registering kids at new school..immunisation records

registering kids at new school..immunisation records

Old Apr 6th 2018, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default registering kids at new school..immunisation records

Does anyone have any experience of how to convert UK vaccination records to what is required by US schools - (I will be Florida based and they need Florida certificate of immunisations)?
I am trying to get my children in line with US counterparts before we leave UK in 9 weeks time, thanks

*meant to put this post in general USA forum
Old Apr 6th 2018, 12:48 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: registering kids at new school..immunisation records

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
Does anyone have any experience of how to convert UK vaccination records to what is required by US schools - (I will be Florida based and they need Florida certificate of immunisations)?
I am trying to get my children in line with US counterparts before we leave UK in 9 weeks time, thanks

*meant to put this post in general USA forum
I dont know, but unlikely to be a US wide (or State) solution. I suggest looking on the schools district web page.
I just checked my local school district and it includes "Official immigration immunization record."

Last edited by kimilseung; Apr 6th 2018 at 12:51 am.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Call them, especially in Florida you are not the first foreigner to come and enroll children in schools and they will know exactly what you need to do.

Don't put it off, vaccinations are taken very seriously by the school system and sometimes can involve serious wait time.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

Your UK Doctor can produce a record of immunisations in the UK - no doubt, depending on the local requirements, they will be missing a few. They'll likely give you a few weeks/ months to get the missing ones done or started. There are some that the UK do not do at all and there are some where the doses are different.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 2:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The immunization chart given to you by your UK doctor should suffice for the school in Florida. Or once you have arrived take the chart/records to the children's new doctor and have his/her office give you the vaccination report required by the school system. It might be an official form so that might be the only way to handle it.

As others have said, check what immunizations are required by going to the school's website (might not be on the individual school site so you may have to try the main site for the Florida educational system). If the kids are missing anything, have it done in the UK and take that record with you when you come.

Last edited by Rete; Apr 6th 2018 at 2:25 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 2:54 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Another point to remember is that you can usually get out of it by stating a religious or moral objection. Stupid rule, but might come in handy, if you are brazen enough.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Another point to remember is that you can usually get out of it by stating a religious or moral objection. Stupid rule, but might come in handy, if you are brazen enough.
good to know, thanks. My daughter never had her 2nd MMR because of an allergic reaction after the 1st, I was worried how strict they would be as id be nervous to attempt it again....
Old Apr 6th 2018, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

From recent memory it will be Hep B missing, and likely something to do with TDAP depending on child's age - because I think the UK policy changed quite recently to closer match the USA. I am pretty sure our children had not received anything for Whooping Cough, could be wrong.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Check dental requirements too. IIRC all we needed (in California) was proof that they saw a dentist regularly, which they already did, so just a signed form really.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Check dental requirements too. IIRC all we needed (in California) was proof that they saw a dentist regularly, which they already did, so just a signed form really.
oh ok, that wouldn't have occurred to me, thank you
Old Apr 6th 2018, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robtuck
From recent memory it will be Hep B missing, and likely something to do with TDAP depending on child's age - because I think the UK policy changed quite recently to closer match the USA. I am pretty sure our children had not received anything for Whooping Cough, could be wrong.
yes was just looking into getting them the Hep B before we leave England but seems there is a national shortage of stocks
Old Apr 6th 2018, 9:12 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

School Immunization Requirements | Florida Department of Health
Old Apr 6th 2018, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

thankyou, my question was.. 'how' to get the UK vaccinations records transferred to the official Florida immunisation certificate that schools accept - but that link is really useful so thankyou!

all replies really helpful and I know what needs to be done now
Old Apr 6th 2018, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Dolewhippy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
thankyou, my question was.. 'how' to get the UK vaccinations records transferred to the official Florida immunisation certificate that schools accept - but that link is really useful so thankyou!

all replies really helpful and I know what needs to be done now
We did it a few years back. We took a printout from the gp to a pediatrician here because they have to be logged into Florida shots system. They will also need verification of chicken pox since it's not routinely given in the UK.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 9:40 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

OK. You have to match up what your kids have had given to them in the UK and what is required in the USA
Florida uses the CDC guidelines
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedul...ead/index.html

Write them all down and then use the link I gave before to make sure that each child has had the required doses.

The school nurse in Florida will also probably do it so I wouldn't worry too much.

I also WOULD NOT miss any of the vaccines. Relying on other children's immunisation levels to protect your family is not a good idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.