British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Refused Entry in 1998- Atlanta (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/refused-entry-1998-atlanta-316839/)

dream machine Jul 29th 2005 1:50 pm

Refused Entry in 1998- Atlanta
 
Hi Expats..
In 1998 I travelled to the US and stayed for 2 months on the VWP. I returned to the UK for 1 week, and decided to return to the US, on a B2 Tourist Visa. At POE I was questioned and told they had reasons to believe I was intending to stay. Can anyone advise, as I would like to go on holiday there and do I qualify for the VWP as at the time was told, I would have to wait 5 years before applying for another visa. and also I am thinking of becoming a student nurse, what procedure is it for being a student? and would like to qualify in the US, followed by getting a job there. Whats my options..........Many Thanks in advance.

Ray Jul 29th 2005 2:22 pm

Re: Refused Entry in 1998- Atlanta
 

Originally Posted by dream machine
Hi Expats..
In 1998 I travelled to the US and stayed for 2 months on the VWP. I returned to the UK for 1 week, and decided to return to the US, on a B2 Tourist Visa. At POE I was questioned and told they had reasons to believe I was intending to stay. Can anyone advise, as I would like to go on holiday there and do I qualify for the VWP as at the time was told, I would have to wait 5 years before applying for another visa. and also I am thinking of becoming a student nurse, what procedure is it for being a student? and would like to qualify in the US, followed by getting a job there. Whats my options..........Many Thanks in advance.

Presuming your from the UK ...
what was stamped in your passport at the time...
A student nurse here... hope you damn rich then fees are not exactly cheap ...do the course in the UK ..that a viable method
For a vacation.. best you apply for a B-2 again if you was previously refused entry ...

Manc Jul 29th 2005 2:30 pm

Re: Refused Entry in 1998- Atlanta
 

Originally Posted by dream machine
Hi Expats..
In 1998 I travelled to the US and stayed for 2 months on the VWP. I returned to the UK for 1 week, and decided to return to the US, on a B2 Tourist Visa.

Just to cure my own curiosity.

If you're eligible for the VWP, why did you get a B2?

TouristTrap Jul 29th 2005 4:31 pm

Re: Refused Entry in 1998- Atlanta
 

Originally Posted by Manc
Just to cure my own curiosity.

If you're eligible for the VWP, why did you get a B2?

Because then you can stay up to 6 months, maybe?

Manc Jul 29th 2005 4:53 pm

Re: Refused Entry in 1998- Atlanta
 

Originally Posted by izibear
Because then you can stay up to 6 months, maybe?


I returned to the UK for 1 week, and decided to return to the US, on a B2 Tourist Visa
Can it be obtained in a week?

Ray Jul 29th 2005 4:55 pm

Re: Refused Entry in 1998- Atlanta
 

Originally Posted by Manc
Can it be obtained in a week?

in 1998 maybe ... not now though ...

Boiler Jul 30th 2005 5:15 am

Re: Refused Entry in 1998- Atlanta
 

Originally Posted by Ray
in 1998 maybe ... not now though ...

Would be impossible now, a friend of mine has a B2 he got through a 'travel agency' that had dealing with the Embassy about that time.

Legit, he comes and goes a lot, much more than I thought you could!

Times have changed.

dream machine Jul 30th 2005 6:44 am

Re: Refused Entry in 1998- Atlanta
 
I had met someone there at the time and wanted to stay there longer than the VWP would allow. I had funds etc , but unfortunately stopped at POE. I am from the UK and do currently work for the NHS here , so nursing is certainly a viable option, to train here first.


Many Thanks for the advice, appreciated.

dream machine Jul 30th 2005 6:47 am

Re: Refused Entry in 1998- Atlanta
 
oh and as for the passport.......its long gone, so unable to confirm what was in it. If i remember correctly, it was just stamped in red, DENIED.

jaytee Jul 30th 2005 7:37 am

Re: Refused Entry in 1998- Atlanta
 

Originally Posted by dream machine
oh and as for the passport.......its long gone, so unable to confirm what was in it. If i remember correctly, it was just stamped in red, DENIED.



Just a quick search on the web revealed this info. on visas for foreign nurses:

http://www.twmlaw.com/resources/freignnurses.html


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:11 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.