Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Refunds for BA & Virgin Atlantic Passengers

Refunds for BA & Virgin Atlantic Passengers

Old Feb 15th 2008, 3:51 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Refunds for BA & Virgin Atlantic Passengers

Looks like many of us will be eligible to put in for a claim to BA and/or Virgin for overcharging on the fuel surcharge on long-haul flights we took between 11 Aug 2004 and 23 March 2006:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7246242.stm

Goodness knows how one should be able to claim....I don't keep boarding passes going back that far and have deleted old bookings I've made online...
Old Feb 15th 2008, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Refunds for BA & Virgin Atlantic Passengers

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Looks like many of us will be eligible to put in for a claim to BA and/or Virgin for overcharging on the fuel surcharge on long-haul flights we took between 11 Aug 2004 and 23 March 2006:

Goodness knows how one should be able to claim....I don't keep boarding passes going back that far and have deleted old bookings I've made online...
I imagine you may get an email or letter through. You must have given them your address and email when booking the flights.

Unless you made a hell of a lot of flights it doesn't looks like it is going to be much anyway.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:10 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

The way these things work is that you will get a claims form in the mail. They have got your name. If you have moved, it might be a problem.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Would you have credit card statements?
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Socal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond repute

I am member of both their frequent flyer clubs, so I am hoping that I will be able to use this information to claim the refund, as during much of this period I was still in the UK and coming out here about once a month nearly always with either Virgin or BA.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

I think we have over 20 flights in that period with BA so will be worth a punt. I imagine that they will make it as difficult as possible for you to claim though!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

We must have used both at least twice each during that period ?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The way these things work is that you will get a claims form in the mail. They have got your name. If you have moved, it might be a problem.
They are setting up a web site which at the moment is under construction but should be up within 60 days it is www.virginbapassengerrefunds.com you will have to contact them,apparently they are opening an office in the U.S which will deal with the American side if your name is on the list of passengers in the time frame you will get a refund.