Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

refinanced UK house - tax implications?

refinanced UK house - tax implications?

Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

gmdale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default refinanced UK house - tax implications?

Hi All,

We've remortgaged our UK house to take some of the equity out to put down as a deposit on a place here in the US..

does anyone know if we'll need to pay tax in the UK? or US? or both? as a result...

Thanks in advance..
Glenn
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: refinanced UK house - tax implications?

I can't see how there would be any tax consequences in either the US or the UK.

I mean, you haven't actually generated any income or capital gain - all you have done is to restructure a loan and borrow some money.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

gmdale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by md95065
I can't see how there would be any tax consequences in either the US or the UK.

I mean, you haven't actually generated any income or capital gain - all you have done is to restructure a loan and borrow some money.
got it. hopefully the case.

just feels like there's always someone here (US) that pops out of the woodwork and claims i'll need to pay someone something for that..
Old Nov 4th 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gmdale
got it. hopefully the case.

just feels like there's always someone here (US) that pops out of the woodwork and claims i'll need to pay someone something for that..
You can send me a few quid if it'll make you feel better.