British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Red Robins??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/red-robins-347592/)

Ash UK/US Jan 11th 2006 3:42 am

Red Robins???

I saw RR mentioned on another post on here the other day and never paid much attention because I had never heard of them before... anyhow tonight I had to make a detour on the way home from work and past one.

My questions are they any good, average or a no-no? also are they expensive? I looked at their web site they had a menu but no prices are we talking Applebees kinda prices or more like planet hollywood prices? Hubby loves a good burger and they sell fish and chips so it would be some where new for us to try.

Ash :)

fatbrit Jan 11th 2006 3:53 am

Re: Red Robins???

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
I saw RR mentioned on another post on here the other day and never paid much attention because I had never heard of them before... anyhow tonight I had to make a detour on the way home from work and past one.

My questions are they any good, average or a no-no? also are they expensive? I looked at their web site they had a menu but no prices are we talking Applebees kinda prices or more like planet hollywood prices? Hubby loves a good burger and they sell fish and chips so it would be some where new for us to try.

Not a fan! Give me an In-n-Out burger any day.

Patrick Jan 11th 2006 4:19 am

$8 for a pretty average burger and all you can eat french fries. Its OK but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there

Ash UK/US Jan 11th 2006 4:22 am

Thanks Patrick :)

Doesn't sound too pricey... maybe we will give them a try sometime.

Ash

AdobePinon Jan 11th 2006 6:16 am

Basically the same generic crap as all the other chains. Ah, the smell of Sysco food service....

ukemigrant Jan 11th 2006 11:39 am

I love them myself and recommend them. They have a large range of burgers, good portions and reasonable prices. It's not all burgers either. I say stop by and decide for yourself.

Pimpbot Jan 11th 2006 12:38 pm

Only eaten in one once and it was ok. I'd eat there again. A burger is pretty much a burger. I don't understand why everybody raves about in n out burgers. There nothing extra special.

HoosierDaddy Jan 11th 2006 1:12 pm

The Bailey's Milkshake at RR is fantastic. :beer:

Yosser Jan 11th 2006 1:30 pm

Ash my dear....don't listen to half the facking nutters on here, its the best burger joint out there.

The whiskey bbq burger with fried onions and bacon, its the dogs boll-lex :)

anotherlimey Jan 11th 2006 1:45 pm

I like them - thery're better than TGIs/Chillis etc... IMO.

Haven't seen one since I left Chicago though.

Hiro11 Jan 11th 2006 3:38 pm

They're a dime a dozen around my house. The burgers are pretty good and my kids seem to like it. I second the Whiskey River BBQ burger which is indeed tasty (and about 1000 calories).

I don't know why people always rave about In-and-Out. Good burgers, but certainly not the best I've ever had.

fatbrit Jan 11th 2006 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Hiro11
I don't know why people always rave about In-and-Out. Good burgers, but certainly not the best I've ever had.

Best burger @ $2 a pop. And they're also a pretty ethical company, too. A comparison between them a McD is like a comparison between Wally World and Costco. So you can feel good eating them as well.

Partystar Jan 11th 2006 5:05 pm

I love Red Robin, the food is really good at a reasonable price. The food tastes fresher than most other places & you can mix & match a lot. There salads are huge, so you could just split one or ask for half, they've done that for us before. The fish & chips are great too!

Yosser Jan 11th 2006 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar
I love Red Robin, the food is really good at a reasonable price. The food tastes fresher than most other places & you can mix & match a lot. There salads are huge, so you could just split one or ask for half, they've done that for us before. The fish & chips are great too!

Thats what me and the ball and chain do...we split the burger (its very common there as they are bloody huge).

Then its only 500 calories each (not including the fries) :D

Ash UK/US Jan 11th 2006 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
The Bailey's Milkshake at RR is fantastic. :beer:

Mmmmm I love Bailey's, that sounds nice... probably has a 1000 calories to match the 1000 in a burger tho ;)

Sounds like I will have to try RR sometime